Performs daily operational reviews and maintenance of assigned wells and production equipment, identifying potential problems; documentation and production reporting and repair of equipment in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Daily operations include production optimization, location housekeeping, recordkeeping, tank gauging, aids in diagnostics, checking compressors and troubleshooting well and equipment problems.
- Performs preventive maintenance and minor repairs on production equipment and facilities.
- Inputs daily production metrics into the production system such as volumes and pressures.
- Analyze production related issues and work with field foreman, superintendents and any
- other relative personnel to troubleshoot.
- Contacts haulers and ensures produced fluids are taken from the lease sites in a timely manner.
- Witnesses and ensures accuracy of gauges, tests and run tickets performed by purchasers.
- Maintains field offices, and company equipment including vehicles, computers and cell phones.
- Ensure that all work is done within Safety and Environmental Compliance Standards.
Education, Skills and Experience Required
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Previous experience as pumper or roustabout.
- Requires valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
- Demonstrated team player with good attitude and work ethic, flexible and good interpersonal skills.
- Basic to intermediate math and computer skills (Microsoft Office programs).
- Mechanical skills – ability to handle maintenance and minor repairs of compressors, separators, dehydrators, water injection pumps, pump jacks, bottom hole pumps communication/control panels, and plunger lift systems.
- Must be able to react to potentially dangerous situations quickly and appropriately.
- Standing, walking, lifting up to 50 lbs., bending, visual acuity, hearing, speaking.
- Must be able to climb 15 foot high ladders and stairwells.
- Must be able to change a flat tire or chain up tires in adverse weather conditions.
- Works outdoors approximately 95% of the time.
- Works indoors in office approximately 5% of the time.
- May be exposed to and must be able to drive in adverse weather conditions (snow, rain, ice, wind, heat, flooding, etc.).
- May be exposed to constant noise, H2S fumes (less than 10 ppm), and high pressure natural gas.