Position may require the ability work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks a year. Due to the property staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that individuals be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if necessary, overtime hours requested.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare all lease-related paperwork in an accurate and timely manner. Be able to explain all lease documents to new and existing residents. Ensure all documents are completed prior to resident move-in.
- Follow established policies and procedures in the qualification, screening and acceptance of applicants for residency.
- Responsible for the execution of all affordable housing paperwork and reporting, if applicable.
- Assist with managing the day-to-day operation of the apartment community. Work with the property manager to direct the efforts of the on-site staff to ensure apartments are ready for move-in and are maintained in a satisfactory manner.
- Maintain prospect traffic and leasing data and assist with other computer data entry as necessary.
- Deliver resident gifts, inspect units for move-ins to ensure units are ready and assist with planning and hosting of resident functions.
- Participate in company training classes and meetings as required.
- Lease apartments and aggressively sell the products and services of the property to which the associate has been assigned.
- Specifically, respond to site visits or telephone inquiries and conduct site tours. Site tours include, but are not limited to, showing and transporting prospects around the property in order to sell the prospect all property amenities, model apartments and available apartments.
- Develop, refine and effectively implement excellent telephone and personal sales skills.
- Work to optimize occupancy while maximizing effective leased rent.
- Work with the property management staff to develop and implement sales and marketing strategies.
- Increase property traffic levels, maintain closing ratios and work to achieve and exceed budgeted occupancy percentages.
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of the property and that of major competition through site visits/tours and telephone surveys
- Maintain company customer service standards. Respond to resident requests and work with residents to minimize and resolve resident problems and complaints. Follow through to ensure issues are resolved.
- Follow the property lease renewal program. Maximize resident renewals.
- Transport funds to the bank as required by company policy.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Professional image
- Read and write in English fluently and accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions
- Good organizational skills
- Good verbal skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions.
- Ability to close a sale.
- Ability and access to drive a car.
- Generally, no prior training is required. However, completion of in-house training in leasing is required within the first 90 days of employment.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required.
- At least 2 years of experience
The position requires the ability to access all units to show prospective residents, inspect the premises, and deliver notices as required. Assist with emergency measures as required, and the ability to withstand all weather conditions including temperatures in excess of 90 degrees and temperatures below 32 degrees.
Working Conditions/Tool Required
Position may require the purchase and compliance of wearing the company-specified uniforms and/or accessories. Position requires the ability to use general office equipment including, but not limited to, computers, copy machines, telephones, and safety equipment.