Salve Regina University seeks candidates with a Master's degree in criminal justice, justice studies, or criminology with practical employment experience in the justice system, for the non-tenure track position of Lecturer in the Administration of Justice Department. The ideal candidate will have practical employment experience which demonstrates the ability to bridge the gap between academia and industry. Candidates with experience in a Federal law enforcement agency preferred, but not required. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in both on campus, as well as online and hybrid pedagogy. The successful candidate will qualify for appointment to the position of Lecturer.
To fulfill the University's commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion on our campus, we actively seek candidates who have experience working with, teaching, and mentoring students from underrepresented communities, as well as those whose research interests involve or integrate an understanding of underrepresented populations and communities.
Salve Regina University is devoted to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness and aspires to create a community that embraces all cultural and ethnic traditions. Salve Regina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate must:
- possess a strong and demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence both in-person as well as an online format. We are particularly interested in candidates with prior teaching experience and the ability to teach core and elective courses in our curriculum
- have significant professional experience in the justice system, especially in a Federal law enforcement agency preferred
- exhibit excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work cooperatively and collegially with colleagues, staff, outside justice agencies, and community organizations
- demonstrate a genuine interest in student development and success
- willingness to accept additional responsibilities as necessary for the growth of the ADJ program
- champion social justice and ethical issues within the justice system
- contribute to the university's achievement of success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible employees including:
- health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- 403B plan
- tuition benefits and more
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant will all applicable non-discrimination laws.