MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal making our customers successful.
Summary: The Legal Administrator provides a variety of administrative support to attorneys and paralegal in the Enterprise Legal Group. In this role they organize and coordinate discovery; maintain legal files, documents and corporate books; manage schedules and the day-to-day operations and administration of the Legal office.
- Secure signatures on resolutions and maintain minute books, records and corporate database for corporate records and filings
- Assist with organizing and coordinating discovery, including gathering documents and creating production logs
- Manage invoices by verifying calculations on incoming invoices from outside counsel, vendors, etc. Prepare for approval and process for payment. Track expenses pertaining to insurance matters to monitor SIR amounts. When SIR has been met on a matter, notify insurance carrier
- Maintain and organize legal files; file documents in electronic storage; create new files as necessary
- Scan and OCR paper records to the applicable electronic storage system, including legacy records
- Schedule conference calls, meetings and travel as necessary
- Take care of all meeting arrangements which includes ordering lunch, reserving conference rooms, set-up and clean-up, copy handouts, etc. Assist in any form of preparation as needed and/or requested
- Manage Expense Reports for all in the Legal Department by reconciling and, after appropriate review, submitting monthly expense reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Gather and analyze information skillfully. Develop alternative solutions. Work well in group problem solving situations. Use reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Initiative Voluntarily takes the first steps to identify and address existing and potential obstacles, issues, and opportunities. Seeks out new challenges that require risk taking. Determines the resources, team support, and technical needs necessary to enable success and procures them. Keeps responding to the challenge in spite of obstacles and setbacks. Ability to work with little direction.
- Working Under Pressure Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations
- Associate’s Degree
- A minimum of three to five years’ of high level in house legal administrative assistant experience, preferably handling a variety of areas
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience in legal document management
- Experience in redlining documents using Microsoft Word Track Changes
- Experience with various legal software databases, applications and programs
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.