Legal Administrative Assistant – Corporate
Cultivated over more than 100 years, Venable’s capabilities span virtually every industry and all areas of regulatory and government affairs, corporate and business law, intellectual property, and complex litigation. Attracting and retaining the best talent isn’t just essential to the success of our clients and our firm – it’s core to elevating the legal profession through continuous learning, improvement, and innovation.
More than a law firm, Venable LLP is a network of trusted advisors serving businesses, organizations, and individuals in many of the most important aspects of their work. We know the key to understanding the full spectrum of business and legal options lies in approaching any situation from a diverse set of viewpoints, and we believe that all voices add significant value.
Venable is seeking a self-motivated individual to join our corporate division in our San Francisco, CA office to provide comprehensive administrative support to legal staff.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for…
- Identifying and compiling daily tasks of incoming and pending work based on existing matters; monitoring status on a routine basis and responding/re-prioritizing as needed
- Managing calendars, complex travel and scheduling engagements
- Efficiently proofreading and editing documents for formatting, typographical and grammatical errors
- Processing new business intake and expense forms
- Facilitating timely processing, tracking, and delivery of clients bills
- Researching and keeping abreast of all new related practice information; following up daily on consistently pressing matters
The successful candidate will demonstrate…
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in a similar capacity
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and database/internet research skills
- Experience with Worksite/Filesite document management system preferred
- Superb attention to detail, grammar, and punctuation; ability to effectively present new ideas and findings
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands and meet routine and unanticipated deadlines
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
Venable holds certain guiding principles central to its hiring and employee development processes. We value integrity, collaboration, professionalism, hard work, and client service at every level. Interested in adding your voice to Venable? We would love to hear from you.
Venable LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to ensuring our workforce reflects America’s diverse population.
We comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Conviction of a crime will not necessarily be a bar to employment at the Firm. Factors such as age at the time of the offense, type of the offense, seriousness of the offense, remoteness of the offense in time, position applied for, rehabilitation, overall record, and other relevant factors will be taken into account in determining effect on suitability for employment.