Esurance is looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant to join a dynamic and award-winning team of individuals who are committed to making insurance smarter, easier, and dare we say- cooler. As part of a growing company that is focused on providing an outstanding customer experience, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your skills and discover your potential.
If you’re looking for a career at a socially conscious company that offers great benefits — including matching 401k and tuition reimbursement — then you may have just found your new home.
Esurance combines the spunk of a startup company with the backing of Allstate (the largest publicly held personal lines insurer in the U.S.) to create a unique, energized, and exciting place to work.
- Prepares a variety of legal documents, correspondence, reports and memoranda as required by attorneys and paralegals.
- Creates new documents and revise drafts according to Legal Department standards and other legal formats for document production.
- Proofread, photocopy, assemble and distribute prepare materials as necessary;
- Keeps attorneys and Legal Department staff updated on status and location of documents.
- Scans, files and organizes documents according to contract management procedures.
- Maintains corporate files and update corporate minute books.
- Responds to internal department and auditor requests for documents.
- Reviews outside counsel and other vendor invoices; prepares same for submission to Accounts Payable and update tracking sheet to ensure budget requirements are met.
- Assists attorneys and paralegals in mailings; prepares outgoing mail.
- Works with office administrators to ensure replenishment of office supplies specific to the Legal Department.
- Transmits faxes; review incoming correspondence for specific response times and route same as appropriate.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational management skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Able to work effectively and courteously with, attorneys, senior executives and other contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently, and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
Experience / Education:
- 0 to 2 years relevant administrative experience in an office setting required
- Experience in an in-house corporate law department is especially desirable
- High school diploma required; Paralegal certificate or college degree preferred.
Why you'll love working for us
Esurance offers an exciting total rewards package to include:
- Bonus potential for all positions
- Benefits eligibility on day 1
- 401k + company matching
- Tuition reimbursement & student loan repayment program
- Pet insurance discount
- Give time, get time volunteer program
- And much more!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.