Venable LLP is seeking a flexible and detail-oriented individual to join our legislative group as a Legal Administrative Assistant in Washington, DC!
The ideal candidate will be responsible for...
• Coordinating all aspects of two Partner’s and two Senior Policy Advisors practices.
• Interacting with clients by phone, email, and in person to facilitate delivery of client services
• Managing calendars, scheduling complex travel, coordinating client events, and facilitating client billing.
• Opening new client files, preparing engagement letters, and follow-up with clients
• Setting up and maintaining electronic client files and share sites, finalizing documents, and preparing presentations
• Reading and interpreting all incoming e-mails. Identifying action items, responsible parties and time frame for completion. Ensure action items are addressed timely and follow up as needed.
• Composing and drafting practice-area specific legal documents, forms, and correspondence, ensuring accuracy and completeness; this encompasses Lobbying Disclosure reports
The successful candidate will demonstrate...
• A minimum of two years’ of high-level administrative support experience in a fast-paced, high-performance culture, and knowledgeable with the inner workings of Congress, both the House and Senate
• Microsoft Office Suite – intermediate to advanced knowledge of Word, working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability to coordinate and manage routine administrative work, such as scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, preparing expense reimbursements, etc.
• Superb attention to detail, grammar, punctuation, and proofreading skills and the ability to articulate thoughts and effectively present new ideas and findings
• Ability to handle a high volume of filing
• Ability to prioritize work and manage workflow
• Ability to learn new tasks and technologies
If you have a can-do attitude and are looking to be part of a highly motivated team of individuals that are naturally ambitious and driven, we’d love to hear from you. Apply today!
Venable LLP is an American Lawyer Global 100 law firm headquartered in Washington, DC, with offices in California, Delaware, Maryland, New York, and Virginia. Our lawyers and legislative advisors serve domestic and international clients in all areas of corporate and business law, complex litigation, intellectual property, regulatory matters, and government affairs. Additional information can be found at www.Venable.com.
Venable LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to ensuring our workforce reflects America’s diverse population.