Legal Administrative Assistant – Litigation
Cultivated over more than 100 years, Venable’s capabilities span virtually every industry and all areas of regulatory and government affairs, corporate and business law, intellectual property, and complex litigation. Attracting and retaining the best talent isn’t just essential to the success of our clients and our firm – it’s core to elevating the legal profession through continuous learning, improvement, and innovation.
More than a law firm, Venable LLP is a network of trusted advisors serving businesses, organizations, and individuals in many of the most important aspects of their work. We know the key to understanding the full spectrum of business and legal options lies in approaching any situation from a diverse set of viewpoints, and we believe that all voices add significant value.
Venable has an opportunity for a Legal Administrative Assistant experienced in supporting a commercial litigation practice to join our growing Century City office.
The ideal candidates will be responsible for...
- Court and administrative filings in federal courts and California state courts
- Assisting with discovery, including third party subpoenas, new matter file opening, trial support and communication with court clerks and vendors
- Preparing correspondence including legal documents, forms, presentations and the like using advanced knowledge and skills with word processing related and other software programs
- Scheduling appointments, making travel and/or meeting arrangements and maintaining business calendars
- Assisting with partner billing, including preparing bills for distribution, maintaining billing records and recording attorney time
The successful candidates will demonstrate…
- 5 years of experience supporting a fast-paced commercial litigation practice
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Outlook
- Experience using WorkSite/FileSite or other document management systems
- Ability to manipulate PDF documents and use associated software tools such as PDF Converter, Nuance PDF Converter and Adobe Reader
- Strong proofreading skills and overall continual attention to detail
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
Venable holds certain guiding principles central to its hiring and employee development processes. We value integrity, collaboration, professionalism, hard work, and client service at every level. Interested in adding your voice to Venable? We would love to hear from you.
Venable LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to ensuring our workforce reflects America’s diverse population.
We comply with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring. Conviction of a crime will not necessarily be a bar to employment at the Firm. Factors such as age at the time of the offense, type of the offense, seriousness of the offense, remoteness of the offense in time, position applied for, rehabilitation, overall record, and other relevant factors will be taken into account in determining effect on suitability for employment.