This position will assist the Corporate Legal Department with negotiating and managing a wide range of supplier and customer contracts with attorney supervision as well as providing other paralegal and administrative support functions required in a fast-paced professional business operation. Duties require initiative, knowledge of and experience working with legal agreements and documents, including a range of contracts, attention to detail, and sensitivity to handling confidential and proprietary information. The position may interact with several departments within the organization, therefore, strong communication and detailed-oriented skills are preferred.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Provides support across a wide range of transactional legal matters, including reviewing and negotiating contracts with attorney supervision.
- Researches and analyzes law sources such as statutes, judicial decisions, legal articles, state and federal regulations and codes with a focus on healthcare and medical technology.
- Manages tasks related to document control and file management; organizes, maintains and updates electronic and paper files.
- Prepares draft agreements from templates.
- Assists with the development, implementation and execution of new internal tools.
- Handles confidential correspondence and documents.
- Orders, receives, and distributes office supplies and equipment for legal team.
- Composes routine letters and memoranda for corporate signature.
- Provides general clerical and administrative support including, but not limited to composing and reviewing correspondence, charts, graphs, tables, etc., and ensuring composition and contextual accuracy, proofreads and ensures proper formatting, spelling, punctuation, and grammar usage in same.
- Provides schedule and calendar management.
- Assists with scheduling and booking travel and submitting expense reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Training and Education
- With Paralegal Certificate - minimum of 4 years of paralegal experience focused on corporate, transactional or business law and contract management
- Without Paralegal Certificate - minimum of 6 years of paralegal experience focused on corporate, transactional or business law and contract management
- Bachelor’s degree with some college level courses in the sciences is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on proficiency of the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work on own with minimal supervision and use effective time management skills to complete tasks on time.
- Strong familiarity with file management, business processing and workflow maps.
- Ability to analyze and understand moderately complex organizational structures and navigate procedures effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to work with confidential information, always maintaining its confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, strong team player and commitment to company values.
- Occasional light lifting