Oportun is a mission-driven, technology-powered provider of inclusive, affordable financial services and a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
We seek to serve the 100 million people in the US who are shut out of the financial mainstream because they are credit invisible or are mis-scored because they have limited credit history. By lending money to hardworking, low-to-moderate income individuals, we help them move forward in their lives, demonstrate their creditworthiness, and establish the credit history they need to access new opportunities.
Since 2006, we have lent over $6.8 billion through over 3.1 million affordable small dollar loans and have helped over 730,000 people start establishing credit. In recognition of our inventive approach, we were recognized by Time Magazine as one of 50 Genius Companies inventing the future.
The Bay Area News Group recognized Oportun as a Top Workplace in 2019. Come and be a part of our community of employees, partners, and customers who are devoted to expanding financial opportunity for millions. When we work together, we can make life better.
- Provide general legal administrative support for the General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, including: manage confidential and highly complex information with discretion, initiative and independent judgment; monitor, screen, respond to and distribute legal and regulatory communications; liaise with internal staff at all levels, law firms, consultants, and Board members; prepare and edit complex legal and compliance related correspondence, meeting minutes, communications, and PowerPoint presentations; organize and administer the department staff including scheduling meetings, reviewing budgets, preparing for team building and offsites and arranging for guest speakers.
- Administer department SharePoint sites and other electronic filing systems; provide electronic filings and database support; organize and maintain paper files including litigation files.
- Process law firm and other third-party invoices; analyze invoices for non-compliant charges based on established guidelines and coordinate with law firms to re-issue compliant invoices.
- Provide administrative support for Department VPs, including calendar, travel, expense and event planning support; ensure timely enrollment and payment of professional dues, subscriptions and other fees; track subscription invoices against quotes; track continuing legal education compliance and professional certifications.
- Assist with the planning and preparation for quarterly board of director meetings and the annual shareholders meeting, process or arrange for processing of mailings to shareholders.
- Assist with the processing of immigration paperwork and coordinating business responses and various postings; processing employee records subpoenas.
- Assist with obtaining information necessary for regulatory licenses and annual reports and coordination of examiners and regulators on-site.
- Under attorney direction, process consumer subpoena responses and litigation related documents.
- Process contracts for signature via DocuSign; maintain contract database; send out NDAs and other contract templates as requested by business; help with maintaining books and records, board minutes and other filings for global subsidiaries.
- Perform other projects as needed
- 7+ years’ experience as a Legal Secretary either supporting multiple attorneys in an in-house legal department or at a major law firm
- College Degree preferred
- Unyielding professionalism under pressure.
- High degree of organization, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proactive, self-starter, independent-worker and a good team player.
- Good judgment.
- Expert with Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Complete discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality essential.
- Strong teamwork orientation and ability to coordinate across the Company.
- Flexibility and adaptability to fast-paced work environment at a high growth, publicly traded company.