Venable LLP is seeking a goal-oriented and proactive Legal Administrative Assistant to provide support to our Trademark, Copyright & Licensing practice group located in our DC headquarters.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for...
- Managing daily workflow of assigned tasks, including working in advance of deadlines
- Reading, prioritizing, routing and following up on incoming client communications
- Ensuring timely and accurate capture and entry of attorney time
- Coordinating with accounting to complete monthly billing process
- Booking travel arrangements, processing expenses, maintaining attorney calendars and contact lists, and scheduling engagements
- Maintaining client and practice support procedures
The successful candidate will demonstrate...
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5-7 years of partner-level practice management support experience. Prior Copyright & IP experience is a plus
- Microsoft Office proficiency; passing scores on Microsoft Word and Outlook assessments, a typing speed of 55 wpm
- Proficient knowledge and usage of document management system (WorkSite/FileSite)
- Superior organizational skills; demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with particular attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to various practice management styles
- Ability to exercise caution and seek appropriate guidance when necessary
- Accountability, ownership of assignments and client service
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
If you have a can-do attitude and are looking to be part of a highly motivated team of individuals that are naturally ambitious and driven, we’d love to hear from you. Apply today!
Venable LLP is an American Lawyer Global 100 law firm headquartered in Washington, DC, with offices in California, Delaware, Maryland, New York, and Virginia. Our lawyers and legislative advisors serve domestic and international clients in all areas of corporate and business law, complex litigation, intellectual property, regulatory matters, and government affairs. Additional information can be found at www.Venable.com.
Venable LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to ensuring our workforce reflects America’s diverse population.