Court Call Preparation/Results
Summary: Performs various legal and clerical duties in support of the Attorneys and Legal Department functions. The person hired for this position will ultimately gain a substantial knowledge of all court and office procedures, rules and authority, litigation process and transacts the general business of the attorney court calendar and Legal Department subject to general supervision. An analytical, confident, self starter with a willingness to learn.
Major Duties Include but may not be limited to:
- Assist Court Date Legal Assistant with all duties and responsibilities required to set court dates for the assigned in-house counsel counties in Illinois.
- Data entry of future court dates in collection database.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly court calendars for in-house counsel and ensure that all legal documents are filed with the correct counties.
- Entering all activities into the system after attorneys return from court
- Sending out notices as appropriate
- Ensures accuracy in the system
Represent Legal Department in a professional capacity. Requires effective interaction with the circuit clerks and judge’s clerks, both on the telephone and in writing.
Preferred Job Experience(s):
- Must have work experience in an office environment and be comfortable working with a computer.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, team environment and possess a strong work ethic.
- Must be detail oriented and accurate