Litigation Legal Assistant Job Description
Munck Wilson Mandala's goals are to provide the highest-quality legal service available anywhere, to be an integral part of each of our clients’ victories, and to recruit and retain the brightest, most tenacious and successful legal talent. We develop sustained, partnering relationships with our clients, aimed at providing the best solution to our clients’ legal needs.
Our Firm is currently in the process of recruiting a Litigation Legal Assistant. This position will provide support in our Litigation Practice area for as many as four busy attorneys and/or paralegals in a highly collaborative working environment.
- Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing, finalizing and filing documents, (i.e., declarations, power of attorneys, assignments, transmittals, extension of time, information disclosure statements, etc).
- Preparing and finalizing client correspondence; maintaining attorney docket
- Proficient in styles and brief formatting, with exceptional word processing skills.
- Handle administrative confidential/sensitive Firm and/or client information.
Experience & Qualifications
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 4 years legal assistant experience withcommercial and patent litigation ina mid-large sized firm; and be proficient in legal assistant and administrative tasks including, but not limited to: document preparation, time entry, expense reimbursement, telephone contact, travel arrangements and calendar maintenance.
- The candidate will have the ability to work in a high volume, high energy environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and able to provide excellent client/customer service.
- Qualified candidates must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and E-Filing. Must exhibit strong typing skills and have the ability to learn and quickly become proficient in new computer software programs.
- Candidate should have experience with e-filing, Trial Preparation, Table of Contents, Table of Authorities and Legal Research.
- Available for some overtime is required.
- Candidates should possess excellent written and oral communication, strong proofreading and organizational skills. Candidates should also be detail oriented, be able to multi-task and have the knowledge and skills necessary to prioritize the workload independently.
- Must possess a team oriented mindset.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Applicants should specify position of interest on the subject line of their email and include a copy of their resume and cover letter, including salary information to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.