A Legal Assistant is sought for litigator in office of the General Counsel. Law school grads with interest in litigation and/or employment law, or candidates with a paralegal certificate or paralegal background looking for exposure to litigation and/or employment law, are encouraged to apply.
- Be responsible for handling executive’s calendar, appointment scheduling and calls.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, MS Word (e.g., redlining), Excel and Power Point, as well as Acrobat Adobe Professional.
- Prepare daily To Do Lists, manage follow ups and determine which items can be handled directly by the assistant.
- Draft, format, redline and edit highly confidential agreements and correspondence.
- Maintain spreadsheets, charts and summaries.
- Understand the workflow relationships both of the Office of the General Counsel and the agency at large.
- Be familiar with basic legal concepts, like state and Federal legislation, contract law, administrative agencies, and arbitration.
- Be able to use Westlaw and database searches using various search techniques.
- Liaise with multiple external legal counsel on active litigation cases (e.g., scheduling witness depositions, track document production), subpoenas (e.g., e-discovery and document review) and contracts.
- Utilize electronic signature and calendaring applications to ensure documents are executed, distributed and renewed.
- Organize and update hard copy and electronic files, ensuring all relevant documents are quickly accessible.
- Coordinate travel itineraries and prepare monthly expense reports.
- Occasionally assist with minimal personal tasks such as making reservations, ordering event tickets through CAA, and updating personal calendar.
- In short, a proactive, meticulously organized, very detail-orientated assistant who manages the overall office for a highly busy legal executive, who is comfortable working with individuals in a variety of roles both within and outside the agency, and who can handle a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Possession of a B.A., B.B.A, B.S. or B.F.A (only) is required.
- Experience in litigation (e.g. prior work in legal clerkship, law firm, or litigation consulting company) is required.
- JD or Paralegal Certificate/Legal Assistant Certificate is a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge and/or experience in ESI discovery is a plus, but not required.
- Must have excellent time-management skills and be able to determine prioritization of short-term and long-term projects.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please provide complete and legible information. An incomplete application may affect your consideration for employment.
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally -recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities. Please inform the Company’s Human Resources Department if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.