The Legal Assistant will provide direct support to a team of 3-5 senior transactional attorneys. He/she must have experience working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, be organized, display excellent communication and people skills and maturity in handling business and confidential situations and be detail-oriented. He/she will perform extensive editing, redlining and proofreading of corporate documents; produce standard and confidential correspondence; schedule meetings; and produce expense reports for the team; provide phone coverage including taking messages, handling routine requests and forwarding calls; organize and maintain legal files; organize and prioritize daily workload; and sort and distribute mail. Must be able to work independently and be willing to perform other administrative duties as required.
Here's what you'll do:
* Manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment and able to prioritize projects
* Edit, proofread, redline contracts, letters and other documents
* Operate and manage office machines/equipment such as: PC, Printer, Scanner, Photocopier and Fax
* Produce standard and confidential correspondence
* Compile special reports and perform administrative duties as required
* Communicate with executive, administrative and management personnel to gather or convey relevant information
* Organize and maintain confidential files and records
* Create and maintain any necessary database and files
* Screen incoming calls and correspondence and respond independently when possible
* Arrange and track all FedEx and courier needs
* Work effectively with internal and external clients
* Plan and organize work and develop procedures to meet requirements
* Consistently meet deadlines with minimal supervision
* Interact with government officials
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
* Requires a minimum of 5 years experience in a law firm or in-house with a strong contract background
* Superior organizational and oral and written communication skills
* Highly organized with strong attention to detail
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically including: Outlook, Word and Excel. PowerPoint and Visio (helpful).
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Requires a high degree of tact, initiative, accuracy, judgment and superior interpersonal skills, a thorough understanding of business and legal practices and procedures
* A polished individual who likes a challenge and can contribute their talents to our team environment
* Professional appearance and positive attitude
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
* Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
* Subsidized gym membership.
* Onsite subsidized high end cafe offering farm to table meals and snacks.
* Free onsite yoga classes and other wellness-focused activities.
* Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
* Free tobacco cessation programs.
* Work life integration.
* All the FIJI Water and Wonderful snacks you may want in the office.
* Discounted tickets to various LA attractions.
* We are bicycle-friendly, with newly installed bicycle racks available to all LA-based employees.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4.6 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company's 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company's market share: Wonderful Pistachios® is America's No. 1 tree nut brand and America's fastest-growing snack; Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful® is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI® Water is America's No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora® is the world's leading floral delivery service. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company's connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a longstanding commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $200 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $100 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and its core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled