Be a part of the Subway® Team – the world’s largest Quick Service restaurant franchisor and recognized leader in the Quick Service industry. With more than 44,000 restaurants in over 100 countries we continue to add talent to our team at our Regional Support Center for Latin America and the Caribbean, located in Miami, Florida.
The Legal Assistant-Monetary Compliance will be responsible for working with Franchisees, Development Agents, Outside Counsel, Landlords as well as other Company Departments to ensure that the Franchisees comply with the financial obligation of the legal contracts they enter into with the Company and its affiliates in connection with the operation of their Subway stores. The position will resolve issues of financial non-compliance with legal obligations arising out of their contracts using various legal processes including Termination, Settlement Agreements, Arbitration, Evictions and Litigations. Will reconcile historical records f account actions including those taken in reference to Arbitrations, Litigations, Evictions including analysis of delinquent accounts, preparation of affidavits in support of Company records and other documentary evidence requires in various litigation matters. Provide Approval/Disapproval of franchisees for various programs and opportunities Offered through the company.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Resolve issues of financial non-compliance with legal obligations arising out of their contracts using various legal processes including Terminations, Settlement Agreements, Arbitration, Evictions and Litigations. Monitor, collect and reconcile delinquent balances due the company and affiliates. Analyze franchise agreements and leases for determining proper procedure. Create and administer payment schedules for delinquent accounts.
- Work with Franchisees, DA’s, Attorneys, and Landlords along with other Company Departments to ensure that the Franchisees comply with the financial obligation of the contracts they sign in connection with the operation of their Subway stores. Reconcile and monitor historical records of account actions including those taken in reference to arbitrations, litigation, eviction and breach of contracts. Execute invoices and credits in reference to Franchisees accounts.
- Terminate franchises, equipment leases and subleases. Prepare and create documentation for the analysis of delinquent accounts, Interim Order Terms, payment Plan terms and compose affidavits for arbitrations and evictions
- Analyze and reconcile accounts in connection with delinquent balances in such situations as transfers, terminations, purchase orders, purchase additional franchise requests, leases and financial aid along with the approval and or disapproval of these items. Allocate funds received on delinquent accounts, ensure the pre authorized accounts are open and operating, and change the eft settings to ensure the proper payments are made. Approve FAF Board Ballots
- Communicate with franchisees, Development Agents, and landlords concerning overdue accounts and rent/related payments. Explain accounts and procedures to franchisees, DA’s and landlords. Help franchisees in understanding combo and 13 week reports and accounting inquiry in Subway IQ.
The successful candidate will have:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, Associates Degree in Business Administration preferred
- Must be BILINGUAL (English & Spanish)
- 1-3 years business experience in a corporate structure preferred.
- Background in banking, bookkeeping or accounting.
Experience necessary for effective job performance:
- Detail oriented, organized, patient, positive attitude, flexible, strong communication and customer service skills, diplomacy, high stress threshold, and ability to prioritize and perform responsibilities without constant supervision.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Outlook (email), and Account Analysis.
Note: We sincerely appreciate your interest! Due to the heavy volume of applications we receive only those candidates selected for further employment screening will be contacted by our office. No phone calls, please. Sorry, no relocation can be provided.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Events
- Free Food and Coffee
- On Site Cafeteria
- Paid Holidays