Downtown Pittsburgh law firm in need of experienced Legal Assistant/Paralegal. Selected candidate will assist lawyers by requesting and organizing medical records, preparing legal documents and correspondence, utilizing various software programs to manage case files.
Duties to include:
- Prepare legal documents, pleadings, and correspondence.
- Gather data, such as statutes, and Rules of Court.
- Prepare discovery and other documents, such as legal correspondence, and organize and maintain documents in paper or electronic filing system.
- Scanning all documents received and sent.
- Prepare for trial by performing tasks such as organizing exhibits.
- Communicate with clients to discuss details of case.
- File pleadings with court clerk.
· Previous like legal assistant/paralegal support experience
· Knowledge of court procedures for the U.S. District Court, Allegheny and surrounding counties
· Professional verbal and written communication skills
· Proficient MSOffice skills, managing files and records, transcription, designing forms
Knowledge of computer hardware/software, including applications; generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
· Legal Secretary/Paralegal Certificate
· Associate's Degree or higher