Do you love helping people and being of service to those who need it? Do you enjoy working in an upbeat, energetic legal office? Are you one of those people who always has the job done before anyone even asks you to do it? Do you have mad organizational skills and just love creating order?
TorkLaw personal Injury law firm is looking for a motivated, self-starter for our Irvine office to take the role of Case Manager Assistant / Legal Assistant. Experience in the legal industry is strongly preferred.
Our Case Manager Assistants are responsible for handling pre-litigation personal injury cases from inception to settlement. Their duties include, but are by no means limited to: opening and setting up new client files, opening and reporting claims to insurance companies, placing statutory lien holders on notice, drafting representation letters, requesting police reports, ordering medical records/bills, assisting clients with scheduling medical treatment, and assisting with property damage claims. They establish caring relationships with clients, and collaborative partnerships with our staff attorneys and support team. They have extensive contact with insurance adjusters, medical providers, and other parties involved in our legal cases.
This is a full-time position for someone who is looking for a long term commitment with opportunities to grow.
At TorkLaw, our approach to our clients is one of service, compassion, and respect. Our objective is to do everything we reasonably can to help these victims of personal injury or loss our clients recover physically, financially, and emotionally.
We are looking for people who are:
- Kind and compassionate
- Authentic and real
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Accountable for results
TorkLaw is a small but growing law firm with a supportive and fun-loving team. If you want to work in an environment where you can learn and grow, support an expanding business, and build a healthy culture, here is what you need to know to apply:
** IMPORTANT: TO APPLY **
You will be evaluated and vetted based on your ability to follow instructions.
Do not apply through this posting, or the contact information on our website.
TO APPLY: Call us at 949.424.2335 and follow the instructions given.
- Our ideal candidate will have at least year experience as a legal assistant or legal secretary.
- Candidates should be familiar with law, legal procedures and protocols, and court system.
- Candidates should also know the basics of day-to-day operations of a legal office.
- Must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of case management software.
- Excellent communication and people skills are important.
- Candidates must have secretarial and organizational skills, able to effectively prioritize, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus, but not required.
Eligible employees receive paid vacation and sick leave, as well as certain paid holidays.
TorkLaw currently offers the following group benefits to eligible employees:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
Qualified dependents of enrolled employees may also enroll in the group insurance plans selected by the employee, at the employee’s cost.
Regular, full-time employees are eligible to enroll in the Firm’s 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan on the Plan’s enrollment date following satisfactory completion of twelve (12) consecutive months of employment with TorkLaw.
Also, in our Irvine office, we have catered lunch and casual day on Fridays!
TorkLaw is a values-based firm. We believe in:
- Radical Authenticity – Being transparently who we are: with ourselves, with each other, and with our clients & partners
- Striving for the Win – Keeping a laser focus on performance and goals to achieve stellar results
- Respect for Each Other – Supporting each other with kindness, respect, humility, grace & humor
- Growth Mindset – Continuously learning, growing and developing, both ourselves and our business
- Abiding Integrity – Standing up for what’s right with consistently sound ethics and courageous honesty