Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country's best markets. We consider ourselves one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies in the area. We encourage you to research Federal Realty to learn about our high quality community shopping centers and mixed use properties. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country (as measured by the value of our assets), we function and operate as a small company. Team members with initiative and proven ability can be involved in many facets of executing Federal Realty’s business plan. We encourage you to look us up on LinkedIn and follow Federal Realty Investment Trust.
Federal Realty Investment Trust is seeking a Legal Assistant for our Legal Leasing department to manage a combination of legal and administrative tasks with a focus on document production and processing. The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to work productively in time sensitive situations, manage deadlines, work in a team environment, and prioritize assigned work. This individual must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating an excellent attention to detail.
- Draft lease documents, including secondary documents from letters of intent and/or lease briefs using internal document production software (i.e., Hot Docs, JDE, and Propidex).
- Manage versions of and prepare redlines/revisions to drafts of lease documents and secondary documents using the Track Changes and Compare features of Microsoft Word.
- Process lease documents and secondary documents.
- Update lease production reports using internal reporting software.
- Log briefs into Deal Management software as received from the Leasing Department.
- Create and maintain working files in relation to lease documents.
- Compose internal and external correspondence.
- Use internal accounting software (JDE) to run account summaries and check for account arrearages.
- Provide administrative support to Legal Counsel, including setting up meetings and conference calls.
- Investigate and gather information from internal and external sources.
- Prepare and send packages and correspondence.
- Receipt, date-stamp and distribute incoming mail and courier packages.
- Setup and submit documents for signature using DocuSign.
- Provide backup to other Legal Assistants, as needed.
- Assist in other duties or projects, as assigned.
- 5 years’ legal assistant experience required, including strong administrative skills; previous experience in a legal department of a real estate company is a strong plus
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s Degree and/or Paralegal Certification preferred
- Highly proficient using MSOffice (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- General proficiency in using Adobe software
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use new computer software and systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining documents (both physical copies and network files), and formatting, inputting, proof-reading, editing, retrieving, and copying same
- Must be highly organized, flexible, and able to effectively handle a high volume of work with competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail, with a high degree of accuracy and success in delivering to key deadlines
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment
- Ability to work occasional evenings in support of deadlines
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.