Legal Counsel – Client Engagement and Vendor Documents
In this position on AlixPartners’ Corporate Services Legal Team, the ideal candidate will have experience with responsibilities that include review, revision, coordination and negotiation of client engagement and vendor documents. This position requires strong writing, organization and communication skills, and an attention to detail and accuracy. The ideal candidate will possess characteristics such as: common sense, teamwork, diligence, integrity, professionalism, high level of good judgment, strong sense of accountability, and proactive in resolving issues.
The Legal Counsel is a member of the Legal Team, located in Southfield, MI, reporting to a Legal Team Managing Counsel. Paid relocation is not available.
Who We Are:
AlixPartners is a global firm of senior business and consulting professionals that specializes in improving corporate financial and operational performance, executing corporate turnarounds and providing litigation consulting and forensic accounting services when it really matters – in urgent, high-impact situations. More information is available at www.alixpartners.com.
Our diversity and inclusion (D&I) strategy allows employees the freedom to be their authentic selves at work, develops inclusive leaders, and engages employees to better serve our clients and give back to the communities in which we work.
- Review, revise, draft, coordinate and help negotiate documents for internal clients in North America and Asia, such as confidentiality agreements, engagement letters, SAAS and licensing agreements, master service agreements and non-reliance letters.
- Review, revise coordinate and help negotiate vendor purchasing contracts, event agreements, SAAS, leases, data licenses and other forms of procurement related contracts.
- Review reports or work product issued to clients in North America and Asia.
- Coordinate communication with and between our firm’s clients, internal stakeholders, in-house counsel, outside professionals and service providers to resolve open issues and obtain internal engagement approvals.
- Assist with compliance and other risk management matters coordinated by the Legal Team.
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- A law degree from an accredited law school with experience in purchasing, contracting, procurement, or other practical business experience.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts is desired, as is business/project management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate detailed and complex information to others.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to organize self and others.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, and excellent proofreading skills.
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a matrix, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure, in a dynamic environment, including responding to urgent situations as needed, prioritizing multiple business objectives, and meeting deadlines and milestones for projects assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook and PowerPoint, and software platforms such as SpringCM and ServiceNow. Ability to work with a variety of people across cultures and geographic locations, to deliver consistent and timely results.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Able to handle and protect confidential, sensitive information.
- Must be familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion. Possess characteristics such as: common sense, teamwork, diligence, integrity, professionalism, high level of good judgment, strong sense of accountability, proactive in resolving issues.
- Ability to work full time with flexibility for overtime in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a competitive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.