Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a highly motivated, energetic team player to serve as Legal Counsel, Commercial Content & Integrity. The position will provide end-to-end legal support for commercial content issues across Facebook's family of apps and services, and will work closely with the teams that develop, implement, and enforce Facebook’s advertising and other commercial content policies, as well as efficiently resolve escalations related to this content. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This position is based in Menlo Park or San Francisco.
1. Counsel the teams responsible for building and managing Facebook's policies, systems, and products related to commercial content
2. Coordinate with content policy, operations, and product teams to implement and enforce content standards
3. Support and help efficiently resolve escalations involving commercial content, including legal takedown requests and policy and press inquiries, among others, particularly in the APAC and Americas regions
4. Work with outside counsel, policy, and international legal colleagues—including in APAC and Latin America—to support litigation and regulatory matters, and to track evolving legal requirements across the globe and industry verticals
5. Provide legal advice across many subject areas, including global legal frameworks, intermediary liability, and consumer protection laws, and regulated areas of advertising and commercial content and activity
6. Develop creative and pragmatic approaches to managing legal risks related to commercial content
7. J.D. (or foreign equivalent) with membership in at least one U.S. state bar
8. 3+ years of legal experience at a law firm or prior in-house experience (applicable litigation, regulatory or product counseling experience will be considered)
9. Experience working effectively across multiple jurisdictions
10. Content liability counseling related to CDA 230 or similar international frameworks
11. Experience working with online advertising industry, social networking, or other internet/platform companies
12. Some understanding of international advertising and consumer protection requirements within regulated industries
13. Experience with regulators and legal regimes in the APAC or Americas regions
14. Experience assessing and harmonizing a diverse set of legal standards across topics and jurisdictions
15. Genuine curiosity and comfort with learning new subject areas and translating that knowledge into actionable guidance
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.