Gawfco Enterprises, Inc. is looking for an in-house Legal Counsel to join our organization on a full-time basis. Gawfco runs and operates over 50 gas stations and convenience stores in California and is expanding rapidly. You will be instrumental in facilitating the growth of our business across California, working closely with the company President and Corporate team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Advising on a wide range of legal matters, including regulatory, operational, and employment issues to support the companyâ€™s growth and business strategy.
- Managing the regulatory coverage for the companyâ€™s activities, supporting the executives by advising on real-estate transaction deals, including drafting templates and customized agreements on an ad-hoc basis.
- Drafting and reviewing employment agreements, ensuring compliance with jurisdictional labor laws and regulations.
- Providing legal counsel around matters of real-estate law, environmental law, landlord-tenant law, employment law, and various operational policies and procedures.
- Liaising with external legal counsel to obtain guidance and reach a resolution on highly specialized legal matters.
- 3-5 years Post Qualification Experience at a major law firm or an in-house legal department.
- Ability to problem-solve unfamiliar issues with diligent research in a self-sufficient manner.
- Understanding of real estate and employment law
- Strong commercial awareness with good negotiation and project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism to interact well with internal and external stakeholders
Powered by JazzHR