Business law attorney with substantial experience doing transactional corporate work, and drafting and negotiating corporate agreements, at a major law firm and/or in-house.
- Draft, review and negotiate corporate agreements and commercial contracts of varying types and complexity levels
- Support and communicate with business constituents; provide guidance to internal business teams on potential impacts relating to contract activity
- Collaborate with other members of a small, talented and fluid- thinking Legal Services Group
- Prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and a significant workload of matters efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience is required. Must hold a Juris Doctor from an accredited U.S. law school, and be a member in good standing of the Massachusetts or other state bar.
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school and a strong academic record
- Licensed to practice law and a member of good standing in at least one state
- 3 to 6 years of related business law experience at a major law firm or in combination with in-house corporate law department experience
- Skilled at and enjoys drafting and negotiating complex agreements; technology contract drafting experience helpful
- Demonstrated ability to apply strong analytical skills to complex legal problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate legal exposure to business groups
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work well both independently and in teams
- Excellent problem-solving skills and exceptional attention to detail
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.