Legal Counsel (Restructuring) - U.S. Nationwide
In this critical role on AlixPartners’ Corporate Services team, you will work with other Legal, Compliance and Risk professionals in numerous areas performing various tasks to support AlixPartners’ Turnaround and Restructuring Services practice. You will also handle AlixPartners’ client account receivable collection matters at the pre-litigation stage.
The ideal candidate for this role should have 3+ years' experience related to the representation of clients involved in large Chapter 11 matters or workouts.
The Legal Counsel position is a full-time role in Southfield, Michigan; New York City, Chicago, Dallas, Houston or Washington, D.C. and reports to the Associate General Counsel - Restructuring.
Who We Are:
AlixPartners is a global firm of senior business and consulting professionals that specializes in improving corporate financial and operational performance, executing corporate turnarounds and providing litigation consulting and forensic accounting services when it really matters – in urgent, high-impact situations. More information is available at www.alixpartners.com.
Our diversity and inclusion (D&I) strategy allows employees the freedom to be their authentic selves at work, develops inclusive leaders, and engages employees to better serve our clients and give back to the communities in which we work.
- Prepare documents and schedules required for retention in Chapter 11 matters; assist with obtaining approval of such retentions by Bankruptcy Courts.
- Review Chapter 11 engagement letters.
- Attend Bankruptcy Court retention and fee application hearings telephonically.
- Review, analyze and clear confidential matters for disclosures required in Chapter 11 matters; advise on parties in interest matters and related disclosures.
- Prepare supplemental declarations, certifications and similar documents.
- Prepare firmwide disclosure emails, analyze responses and coordinate and prepare supplemental disclosures.
- Review Fee Applications and compensation & staffing reports.
- Resolve US Trustee and other Chapter 11 professionals’ comments, concerns and objections to retention documents.
- Maintain data of holdings of AlixPartners’ investors and prepare quarterly emails.
- Conduct document retrieval confirming Bankruptcy Court filings.
- Draft and prepare client unpaid receivable collection letters and negotiate settlements.
- Respond to Subpoenas issued in connection with firm’s Chapter 11 cases.
- Update reports with collection activity status.
- Communicate with consultants, parties-in-interest, outside professionals, and others to gather information, identify gaps and work through issues relating to retention and fee matters, among others.
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
- Graduate of an accredited law school and licensed to practice law.
- 3-5 years legal experience in Chapter 11 matters.
- Keen knowledge and experience in large Chapter 11 cases required, especially with retention and fee matters.
- Experience drafting retention pleadings in Chapter 11 cases required.
- Experience with drafting and reviewing Fee Applications and compensation and staffing reports, including billing and compensation in Chapter 11 matters required.
- Ability to work effectively with the Legal, Compliance and Risk Team, AlixPartners professionals, as well as other parties in Chapter 11 matters.
- Independent worker with a sense of urgency, capable of prioritizing and performing a considerable number of tasks while meeting deadlines and milestones for various projects. The ideal candidate will be a results-oriented, logical thinker who possesses a real passion for producing high-quality work, is a high-energy standout colleague and adaptive to the changing priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate detailed and complex information to others.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, and excellent proofreading skills.
- Ability to handle confidential, sensitive information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; working/communicating via e-mail required; knowledge of SpringCM preferred
- Possess characteristics such as: common sense, diligence, integrity, professionalism, good judgment, and accountability.
- Ability to work full time in an office environment and remote environment and be flexible to work outside of normal working hours, as may be needed; Physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
AlixPartners is a results-driven global consulting firm that specializes in helping businesses successfully address their most complex and critical challenges. www.alixpartners.com
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a competitive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.https://www.alixpartners.com/privacy-policy/