Your Impact on the Business
The primary responsibilities of the Legal Marketing Copywriter are to create content that conforms to the preferred style guide and best practices for the individual medium (primarily online, marketing copy and informational/journalistic content but also blog posts and other social media, etc.). The Legal Marketing Copywriter is part of a collaborative team that works directly with attorney clients nationwide.
- Deliver on-line legal marketing and/or informational content based on strategy and directional guidance for client products, projects and initiatives.
- Work effectively in a deadline-driven production environment
- Consult client stakeholders and internal partners to understand client business goals, brand differentiators, target audiences, and tone and voice.
- Research and write content that complies with internal best practices, industry standards and corporate policies.
- Edit or revise content based on internal or external feedback.
- Accountable for meeting established deliverables and quality expectations.
- Works in multiple processes or on multiple projects at a time.
- Write compelling content consistent with the customers practice area and geographic location.
- Understand and uses performance measures to refine and improve writing performance.
- Work as part of a team, completing varied work assignments and collaborating with others as required.
- Regularly communicate and share knowledge, including lateral and upward communication of work status.
- Understand and creatively implement holistic client marketing strategy.
- Maintain proficiency in company business systems including writing and tracking software.
- Participate in team and cross-functional initiatives related to the improvement of product, process and writing best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Juris Doctor (JD) preferred
- English, communications, journalism or other relevant background is preferred
- Relevant writing samples are required for consideration
- 2 years minimum professional content writing experience
- Internet marketing writing experience in legal, marketing, social media or journalism field is preferred
- Client-facing experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of emerging trends and developments in given field
- Working knowledge of:
- Legal concepts and terminology
- AP style / standard rules for grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Digital Marketing and Search Engine Optimization strategies
- WordPress (preferred)
- Strong online and legal research skills
- Excellent English writing skills with demonstrated ability to successfully write for the desired media.
- Strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple and/or conflicting projects and priorities
- Strong communication techniques
- Ability to work effectively with customers and proven customer service skills (troubleshooting, creative problem solving, solutions focused, customer centric)
- Strong relationship building and collaboration
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Works well in a team environment, embraces change and is highly adaptable
- Deadline driven and able to achieve output and metric goals
- Accurately forecast and meet deliver expectations for all projects
- Craft creative writing solutions for attorney clients from different geographies, backgrounds and legal practices
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America