Fast paced real estate legal research company seeking highly organized production assistant for general office duties. Prior legal, real estate or title company experience preferred. A great entry level opportunity for a new paralegal or legal assistant.
Duties include: Customer Service, Document Printing, Faxing/Emailing, Order Processing and Uploading (via on-line order portals), Form Preparation, Monitoring and Processing of new Orders from our Website and Email Accounts, Process Document Recordings, Document Printing and Filing.
The ideal candidate has strong organizational and computer skills, thrives in a busy environment, must be detail orientated, have ability to multi-task and work independently. Mon-Fri. 10:00 am to Close (5:30 pm) 35-40 hours per week.
JOB DESCRIPTION: LEGAL OFFICE ASSISTANT - REAL ESTATE
Maintains customer service function and coordinates service requests with abstracting department.
1. Customer Service: Ensure prompt phone answering along with positive and professional response to caller's question/request. Follows up and takes appropriate action on customer concern or request. Monitors and coordinates all customer service positions including work load, time usage and work accuracy. Assists as needed.
2. Production: Ensure all orders are printed, received and entered into company logging system. Locate, log and pull update orders and rechecks. Monitor pending file to assure return of completed file to customer within 24-48 hours. Ensure that clients are properly updated with information regarding file delays and given appropriate ETA. Research and resolve customer concerns/requests. Research and resolve abstractor concerns/requests regarding customer files. Complete necessary follow up. Monitor research room outbox, match completed files and send for proofing. Monitor elevator for proofed files ready for pricing or further processing. Scan and email complete customer files. Data entry of completed reports in customer portals and completion of handwritten forms. Monitor abstractor work loads and progress on problem files to assure completion of orders within the expected turn around time and communicate with clients as appropriate. Daily communication with Abstractors and Management regarding production, customer service and turn around time issues.
3. Billing: Prepare files to be returned to clients with appropriate billing and discounts calculated. Email clients for prior fee approval as necessary for additional parcels, excessive copies, commercial pricing, etc. Log completed file billing and return information into the comapny logging system.
4. Recordings: Receives and logs incoming recording packages, orders file update when requested, reviews package with checklist requirements, updates status of recordings with clients, prepares recording for delivery to appropriate county recorder, communicates and resolves any problems with client, follows up and reports recording information to client, returns recorded documents to client.
5. General: Print needed documents from appropriate on-line sources. Complete Pacer bankruptcy name searches and MNCIS judgment searches as needed. Write up necessary worksheets for contract abstractors when needed. Fax or email orders for contract abstractors or in-house abstractors traveling to counties. Other office duties as assigned.