The legal secretary will be performing tasks supporting the busy workload of several attorneys from case inception through trial as well as more general administrative tasks.
Requirements and Responsibilities for the role include:
- Producing all legal documents requested by assigned attorneys and paralegals. Ensuring that all documents are typed, assembled, filed, and served accurately and timely.
- Complying with the firm’s scanning, data entry and document production protocols, including calendar and tickle entries, file updates and organization.
- Communicating professionally and effectively with all staff, Claims, clients, adversaries, etc.
- Prioritizing all assigned work and completing assignments by requested due date.
- Keeping abreast of all applicable court rules and House Counsel procedures.
The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Word as well as E-Filing procedures.. This is a very busy position and requires strong multi-tasking capabilities. The legal secretary will be required to interact with high-profile clients on a daily basis and maintain discretion. Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service and interpersonal skills are required to be successful. Must be able to work independently and manage time efficiently.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
NYC - Water St.
New York 10041-2899