DEACON, MOULDS & STOFER
Attorneys at Law
100 Second Ave So, Ste 902
St. Petersburg, FL
Legal Assistant (Secretary)
Deacon, Moulds & Stofer is searching for a full-time reliable and task-oriented secretary to support DMS attorneys. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced law firm. We are willing to train an experienced secretary in legal knowledge as needed.
Enhances attorney effectiveness by providing information-management support; representing the attorney to clients and others.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Transcribes attorney dictation and formats, edits, proofreads and transmits correspondence, status reports, deposition reports and other legal documents via Dragon Voice Recognition & Phillips Dictation
- Maintains attorney calendar by scheduling initial client meetings, teleconferences, depositions, hearings, related travel, etc.
- E-filing via Florida Court Portal, Processing eservice
- Coordinates and sets up in-house and Zoom appointments initial meetings, deposition, hearing, etc.
- Communicates professionally with opposing counsel and other parties, clients, judicial administrative staff and vendors
- Follows office systems
Education and Experience
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office 2010 and Acrobat Adobe 2017
- ATO (Total Office/Client Profile) experience a plus
- Working knowledge of legal procedures and legal terminology, a plus
- Proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar and other English language skills
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Transcription and typing skills
- Prioritization of tasks
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing
- Information management
- Judgment and decision-making
- Client-service orientation
- Team work
- Friendly and Professional
- Adaptability and flexibility
Legal Secretary (General)