Liberty Mutual Insurance hasan excellent opportunity for a Legal Secretary to provide civil litigationsecretarial support of a legal nature for one or more staff Attorneys andmaintain a close and highly responsive relationship to the day-to-dayactivities of the Attorney(s). Works collaboratively with all internal LegalDepartment units.
- Prepares standard legal documents utilizing templates. Proofreads and corrects prepared materials for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, format, syntax, and content. Ensures legal documents contain all necessary portions or related documents for court acceptance; files legal documents with proper courts.
- Prepares and assembles materials, documents, and exhibits for meetings, court appearances, and hearings including electronic media and technology used within the office and court system.
- Sorts, opens, logs, and distributes incoming mail to staff; attaches incoming correspondence to case file and related materials needed for action with use of office technology and document management systems as needed.
- Manages attorney's calendar through our legal database e.g., schedules appointments, coordinates depositions and appearances. Resolves scheduling conflicts with attorney's approval.
- Performs additional duties as requested such as: Requests fees for payment from Claims department. Informs witnesses of scheduled court appearances; miscellaneous other duties, including the maintenance and use of electronic document management systems.
- Associate's degree in administrative assistance/secretarial science or equivalent training required, with a minimum of 1-2 years of administrative assistant/secretarial experience. Prior experience in a legal environment strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to communicate effectively with policyholders, courts, attorneys and judges.
- Solid ability to edit and proofread legal documents. Displays solid MS-Office skills.
- Prior experience with legal software systems preferred and other electronic media systems. Liberty Mutual’s legal offices are paperless.
Job Administrative Services
Primary Location US-MI-Southfield
Education LevelHigh School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Shift Day Job