Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
Under general direction ofthe managing attorney or senior legal specialist, the Legal Specialist I performsa variety of legal services and project management services on corporate,contract and commercial matters as a member of a legal department supportingpharmaceutical, logistics and healthcare technology businesses. The LegalSpecialist I must have sufficient experience and ability to function as anindependent professional.
PRIMARY DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drafting,reviewing, evaluating and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts,including, without limitation, pharmaceutical distribution agreements,confidentiality agreements, license agreements, service agreements, logistics agreementsand consulting agreements.
- Familiar with laws governinghealthcare privacy (HIPAA), including handling Business Associate Agreements(BAAs). Assist attorneys with processing, adhering to standard contractrequirements and negotiations for BAAs. Serve as the initial “go to person” tofor BAA contracts.
- Coordinatingthe review and negotiation of contracts with business clients, management andCorporate Counsel, as applicable, and ensuring that contracts accuratelyreflect the business objectives.
- Advisingbusiness clients on the material terms and risks of proposed contracts.
- Identifyingmaterial issues or risks and elevating issues to Corporate Counsel asappropriate.
- Workingwith business clients, Corporate Counsel and outside stakeholders to minimizethe company’s risk exposure through contracts.
- Providingproject management assistance in connection with commercial contracting,including, without limitation, tracking and reporting on the status ofcontracts.
Requires good researchexperience, writing, communication and computer skills; normally requires aminimum of three (3) or more years of progressively responsible and directlyrelated experience. Experience in the healthcare industry, either at a law firmor company, is required. Experience in alarge law firm or the legal department or contract administration group of apublic company is desirable.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and legal procedures
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong judgment and ability to resolve issues effectively
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Strong computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The work environmentcharacteristics described here are representative of those an associateencounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions:
The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet.
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an associate tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions:
- Sedentary physical activity requiring reaching, sifting, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking and hearing.
- Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- 75% or more time is spent looking directly at a computer.
- Associate is frequently required to stand, walk (or otherwise be mobile).
- Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise.
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.United States-Texas-Carrollton75010