State Representative Joe Sosnowski is now accepting applications for a Legislative Aide position. This position is based in Rockford, Illinois, as the 69th district includes parts of Boone and Winnebago Counties. Salary for this position typically ranges from $35,000 to $45,000 and is negotiable based on experience. The 69th District Legislative Aide is responsible for office management, administrative functions, event coordination, data management, and other district office functions.
- Constituent service which includes (but is not limited to) answering phone calls, addressing casework and walk-in issues and carrying out correspondence.
- Coordination of research, public relations, events, and other occasions with Springfield Administrative Assistant, House Republican research staff and House Republican communication staff.
- Manage constituent records by tracking inquiries, scrubbing data, updating records and creating lists for calls or mailings.
- Manage special recognition for individuals, groups, businesses, etc. with House Republican Clerk’s office.
- Manage general databases of contacts, interest groups, business organizations, etc.
- Manage the documenting of district office allotment fund, State Representative reimbursements, and other vouchers.
- Oversee use of and order office supplies.
- Maintain guest lists and prepare registration materials and other duties needed for special events.
- Coordinate intern recruitment and activities, including oversight of projects.
- Create monthly reports in conjunction with State Representative in regards to constituent volume, outreach initiatives, and other necessary reports.
- Coordinate scheduling and execute public relations in the form of newsletters, special reports, blog posts, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the State Representative.
- A minimum of three years' experience in an administrative position, preferably in a dynamic customer-orientated office environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and/or Google applications, database management experience, social media proficiency, and general knowledge of website design and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Self-starting ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse personalities.
- Driver's license and automobile necessary for district travel and regular events. Occasional weekend and evening responsibilities.