At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Lending Services, we document and fund all loans for First Republic. We’re responsible for servicing bank and investor loan portfolios, as well as responding to client and loan team inquiries. The team also supports sales staff in workflow processes, product development, training and compliance. Additionally, we support lending-based systems and vendors and manage technology projects across First Republic product lines.
Common goals, uncommon potential
As a Business Analyst, you will work with internal programmers and external document vendors to ensure upfront, interim and closing mortgage loan documents reflect current, accurate, and complete federal, state and government regulatory disclosures and requirements. Closely follow and communicate compliance and regulatory developments that affect mortgage lending compliance. Conduct research on federal, state, agency, investor regulations and guidelines.
What you’ll do as a Lending Technology Business Analyst, Documents:
- Develop and control documents to ensure compliance with all regulations and disclosures used by Residential and Commercial Operations to generate upfront, interim and closing documents.
- Verify appropriate system controls are in place to assure compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Ensure accurate, up-to-date disclosures are incorporated when products and services are introduced or changed, geographic expansion occurs, business practices fees and other charges are modified, etc.
- Review, analyze, and revise new documents and changes to existing documents as it relates to impact, flow, and correctness for their appropriate lending products.
- Maintain current inventory of all upfront, interim and closing documents.
- Develop and maintain procedures to test, audit and validate systems to verify document compliance with applicable federal, state, agency and investor and other regulatory disclosures and requirements.
- Provide input to programmers as needed on projects related to documents and disclosures.
- Stay up to date on federal, state, agency and investor regulations and guidelines using proprietary systems, subscriber databases and internet resources to verify compliance with regulations.
- Gain a functional understanding of the business operations and processes that drive the documents and disclosures used in the lending process and identify areas for efficiency improvements.
- Gain a technical understanding of the systems used for generating and maintaining documents – currently: IDS, HotDocs, LaserPro, OnBase.
- Identify “downstream impact” of regulatory requirements and how document changes affect systems, business processes, loan documents, etc.
- Coordinate efforts of departments and vendors to ensure timely follow up and on-time completion of projects.
- Provide knowledgeable and courteous support to internal departments.
- Escalate any matters that fall outside the scope of job duties.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1)adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.); 2)adhering to Bank policies and procedures; 3) completing required training; 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer; and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Preferred experience with the following systems:
- OnBase, Hot Docs, Laserpro or other Electronic Document Management System
- IDS (International Document Services)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), interpersonal skills, as well as outstanding organizational skills
- Strong ability for creative problem solving and identification of creative solutions.
- Ability to coordinate for multiple projects concurrently
- Experience with vendor integrated applications
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to any given situation
- Must possess strong analytical, process, and people skills.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to work proactively and operate accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with variable deadlines.
- Must possess demonstrated organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure in high stress situations with a calm demeanor
- Willingness to work evenings and some weekends to support off hours deployments
- Must be able to provide extraordinary service and have fun!
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.