Requisition ID: 176001
Store #: 000466 LensCrafters
At LensCrafters, we love eyes and we care about the people behind them.
LensCrafters is the largest optical retailer in North America with 1,000+ stores and as part of an eyewear industry leader, Luxottica, our love of eyes and higher standard of quality have made LensCrafters a leader in vision care for over 35 years.
With a career at LensCrafters, you’ll find yourself learning, growing, and interacting with some of the most passionate and talented people in the business. At the same time, you’ll be helping people look and see their best.
The Urgent Care Lead creates exceptional value in the lives of customers & patients by delivering to the Brand experience through execution of the brand value proposition. Ensures customers & patients are always happy and satisfied with purchase. Assists in the achievement of store success by managing key optical and lab processes & systems to exceptional results.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
While working in Lab
- Custom fits glasses & precisely places prescription in lenses.
- Works with associates to strengthen their knowledge, skill, & certification for foundational product & store processes related to lens and lab technology.
- Edges & mounts only when needed & within company guidelines.
- Ensures finished eyewear meets optical standards & customer requirements.
- Ensures associates complete training, & routinely conducts eyewear inspections with excellence.
- Completes & files store & lab paperwork thoroughly & accurately in a timely manner. Ensures associates are trained & skilled in doing the same.
- Ensures approved safety programs are implemented & maintained consistently per standards.
- Creates a safe working environment for all. Demonstrates safe work practices.
- Responsible for basic operation, cleaning & ongoing maintenance of lab tools & systems.
While working in Retail
- Conveys a commitment to providing unsurpassed customer service to all customers and patients with every visit.
- Assists customers in selecting frames & lenses that are best suited for them. Suggests improvements & recommends solutions. Assists associates with difficult & complex areas.
- Anticipates problems before they occur; explores underlying reasons for recurring problems; goes beyond symptoms to get to root cause; strives to develop long-term solutions to problems.
- Performs work accurately & thoroughly as required. Demonstrates superior product knowledge.
- Strives to achieve exceptional results with every customer and patient every time.
- Serves as a responsible alternate store key holder.
- Brings associate opportunities to the attention of management directly & in a timely manner.
- HS diploma/GED
- 1+ year experience
- Strong optical & retail experience
- Knowledge of current optical theory & merchandise
- Strong communicator & listener
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Strong basic math skills
- Sales skills
- Problem solving ability
- Familiarity with cash register, computers & calculators
- Leadership & training experience
- Edging & mounting experience
- Basic optics knowledge & optical measurement experience
- State licensure (if applicable) &/or ABO Certification in non-licensed states
- Eyewear Inspection Program Modules 1-6
- Quality Manufacturing Program Certified
- Optical machinery/instruments experience
- Customer service experience
- AccuFit Digital Measurement System certification
- Knowledge of current store merchandise & lens options
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 or e-mail HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com (be sure to provide your name and contact information for either option so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.