Lafayette - Lafayette, LA 70503 US
NVI, LLC, a Louisiana based Equal Opportunity Employer, offers tremendous opportunities for individuals interested in building a career based on technology, growth, and continuous education. NVI offers Nondestructive Testing and Heat Treatment Inspection Services in the pipeline, construction & fabrication, manufacturing, marine, petrochemical & refining, aviation, infrastructure and amusement industries. Through the excellence of our people, we provide the latest in innovation to assure quality services to our clients. At NVI, we take pride in every awarded project which is illustrated through our professional, ambitious, and ethical workforce.
NVI, LLC offers full benefits including:
- Holiday pay
- Paid Vacation
- Traditional 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Match Benefit
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Health, Dental, Life, Short & Long Disability and Vision Insurances
The Level II Ultrasonic Technician is responsible for, but not limited to, the following job descriptions:
- Shear wave inspection of structural member welds – AWS D1.1 tubular and nontubular members – API RP 2X levels A, C, and F – Ability to size vertical extent of flaws, lengths of flaws, and plot flaws in welds;
- Shear wave inspection of pressure vessels and piping welds – ASME V Article 4 and VIII Appendix 12 – B31.3;
- Shear wave inspection of pipeline welds – API 1104;and,
- Shearwave inspection of sea going vessels – ABS.
- Current NDE certifications in Shear Wave and AUT
- Familiar with applicable welding codes, i.e. ASME, API, AWS, etc.
- NDE certifications in RT, MT and PT
- Experience in Phased Array a plus
- High School Diploma or GED
- Able to meet travel requirements;
- Efficiently carry out supervisor’s instruction;
- Effective communication skills;
- Above average computer skills—Spreadsheet and Word Processing software;
- Able to meet a “Call Out” work schedule;
- Knowledgeable with OSHA’s General and Construction safety industries;
- Proficient in problem solving;
- Able to pass FBI background check for T&R purposes;
- Able to pass Motor Vehicle Record check; and,
- Capable of passing Company Drug/Alcohol, Fit for Duty, and Ergonomic Testing with lifts of 60 pounds or more.