Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, an A+ Superior rated Insurance company. We are seeking a Liability/Subrogation Representative who is interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. If you are motivated, customer-focused individual then our team might be right for you!
The Subrogation adjuster is responsible for identifying and investigating third party liability stemming from first party insurance claims including Property, Business Owners, Commercial Auto and Workers' Compensation claims. By conducting detailed investigations, gathering evidence, coordinating site inspections and utilizing both internal and external resources the Subrogation adjuster will identify liable third parties and formulate a course of action to pursue recovery against them. The Subrogation adjuster will routinely work with attorneys, policyholders, claimants and adverse insurance carriers to obtain and negotiate the subrogation recovery.
- College graduate preferred or equivalent work experience
- Prior Subrogation experience preferred particularly in handling commercial property and commercial auto claims
- Background in General Liability and/or first party property adjusting desirable
- Claims experience and/or litigation paralegal preferred
- Highly-motivated individual who possess strong decision making skills
- Analytical thinker who is naturally curious
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and multi-task
At Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, we take great pride in bringing out the best in our employees guiding them along a career track of professional development and success!
Backed by our ultimate parent, Berkshire Hathaway Inc, we are aggressively expanding and enhancing our commercial lines products offerings with the goal of being the premier name for business insurance which creates opportunities for our staff!
Some Highlights of our Benefits are:
- Excellent working hours between (8am-4:30pm M-F).
- Generous amount of vacation and sick time. Closed on all major holidays.
- 401K with company match and profit sharing.
- A competitive healthy package.
- Tuition reimbursement after 6 months of employment.
- Be part of Berkshire Hathaway, one of the world's most admired companies. We offer opportunities to advance your career!