Job: Clinical Support
Primary Location: TN-Nashville-Vanderbilt Home Care Services
Organization: VHCS Clinical - Private Duty 119140
Supports the licensed healthcare team members in the provision of patient care to include direct patient care, providing healthcare information to patients/families, and following established plan of care. Works in close collaboration with the RN or a licensed healthcare team member to evaluate the patient's plan of care and progress toward goal attainment. All patient care activities are undertaken with the delegation/supervision of a licensed professional in accordance with VUMC standards and licensure regulations. For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here.
In an LPN2 position with Vanderbilt Home Care, you will travel to the patient's home to provide the prescribed care.
- Graduate of an approved discipline specific program
- 1 year of relevant experience
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Home Health experience
- Pediatric and Adult experience/desire to work with pediatrics
- Ventilator, tracheotomy, g-tube experience
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Wound care experience
- LPN shifts vary from 8 to 12 hours
- 3 day clinical orientation
- Home Care specific orientation
- Full, Part Time and PRN available
- Private Duty and Intermittent visit positions available
- Great benefits begin day one of employment
- New Competitive Salary
- Great team environment
Vanderbilt Home Care is part of one of the country’s most respected medical centers. We provide in-home care for patients with chronic conditions.
Imagine being able to take a more personal approach to nursing — focusing on just one patient at a time. It’s possible as a private duty professional with Vanderbilt Home Care.
The majority of our private duty patients are infants or children, so we look for nurses who have a strong desire to work with a pediatric population.
“Click the following link to learn more about the benefits of a career with Vanderbilt Home Care.”
Bringing Vanderbilt Care into Your Home Since 1985
Vanderbilt Home Care provides caregivers in the patient's own environment under the direction of the patient's physician. When you or your loved one receives care from Vanderbilt Home Care, you are in the hands of highly skilled, compassionate individuals. We take pride in our work and feel privileged to be part of one of the country's most respected medical centers.
Our Mission and Values:
Our mission is to provide excellence in home care with the high standards that we would expect for our own family and loved ones. Our values include:
- Support for community based home services through excellence in clinical practice and education
- Patient safety and quality
- Strong interdisciplinary collaboration, communication and partnership
- Evidenced based practice and clinical expertise
- Technology enhanced innovation
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
- Nursing Careers: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
- Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
- Our Nursing Philosophy: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
- Our Nursing Leadership: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
- Shared Governance: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
- Education & Professional Development: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
- Life In Nashville: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands: