Alternatives, Inc. is a 48 year old non-profit, community-based youth and family agency whose mission is to facilitate personal development, strengthen family relationships, and enhance the community’s well-being. Alternatives is known for its innovative work with young people in providing behavioral health and youth development programs in Chicago. Alternatives has a long history of partnerships to make services accessible to youth and to include expertise beyond the scope or modality needed by young people. Our agency’s mission reflects a commitment to systematic change through work with individuals, families, and communities.
The Licensed Behavioral Health Therapist will provide direct therapy and case management services to agency clients within a School-Based Health Center in high school in Chicago Public Schools.
- Average 20 billable hours of direct service per week.Perform a variety of therapy, assessment, and case management services.
- Provide assessment, treatment, and training services at community locations/schools, as requested.
- Participate in an interdisciplinary team within a Health Center regarding social emotional needs of students.
- Conduct therapeutic groups on a variety of topics as needed.
- Maintain complete, accurate, and timely written documentation in client files of all services provided.
- Participate in all- agency meetings, clinical staffings, and clinical supervision.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Alternatives, Inc. policies, practices, and services.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Positive Youth Development, Restorative Justice and Trauma Informed practices.
- Complete in a timely fashion all other tasks as assigned by the Clinical Supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field.
- Clinical licensure in field of Study Required (LCSW, LCPC)
- Spanish speaking required
- Past experience working with youth.
- Knowledge of adolescent/family dynamics, substance abuse and trauma issues.
- Interest and commitment to working in a community-based youth service agency.
Alternatives, Incorporated is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Salary: 40000.00 Annual