STG International is seeking qualified candidates for the Licensed Clinical Social Worker position to work full-time providing health care to detainees in custody in support of ICE Health Service Corps at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Medical Facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent is responsible for the mental health assessment and evaluation of detainees and the appropriate referral to outside treatment facilities in those cases of extremely severe mental disturbance. The incumbent also completes written evaluation reports on the mental health status of referred detainees.
- Provides counseling, psychotherapy, behavioral analysis, and substance abuse education, as required. The incumbent is further responsible for recognizing when problems of adjustment, and maladaptive behavior or others conditions interfere with successful treatment and for referring detainees with such problems to the appropriate mental health facility for intensive mental health care.
- The incumbent shall determine the need for and provide direct mental health services to detainees with identified mental health and substance abuse problems utilizing psychoeducational and treatment modalities as appropriate in the treatment of mental disorders.
- The incumbent participates with other health team members in the treatment planning process for detainees identified with mental health problems, and providing general mental health guidance in the handling demanding and difficult detainees.
- The incumbent shall serve as a mental health consultant to other health professionals at the facility. The incumbent also may provided education and training to medical and ICE staff in the area of mental health to include but not limited to suicide prevention, identification of abuse and neglect and victims of torture. • Facilitates contacts between the detainee patient and his/her social support systems.
- Establishes and maintains liaison with other health services professionals and mental health organizations.
- Responsible for all case management which may involve community treatment placement, hospital placement, or other after care situations. Every effort must be made to ensure that all psychosocial needs of a detainee are being served, basic needs provided, and to enhance the strengths, dignity and sense of self worth of the detainee.
- The incumbent shall have a master's degree in clinical social work from an accredited college or university.
- The social worker must possess and maintain an unrestricted state license or state certification in the state where the facility is located.
- The incumbent shall maintain his/her continuing professional education by completion of training to keep professional licensure or certification.
- The incumbent must be capable of respecting and protecting the confidential nature of his/her work. Additionally, the incumbent must exert a high degree of initiative and creativity. Also the incumbent must be able to coordinate widely diverse activities that contribute to overall care of the detainee. He/she must be reliable and demonstrate good judgment, as his/her performance will normally have profound effects on the detainees and their involvement with the U.S. Government.
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STGi offers a competitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy.