Work for a Chicago Top Workplace! Help us change the face of serious illness as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
Join the team at JourneyCare, with more than 40 years of healthcare leadership and expertise, JourneyCare has achieved national recognition for growth, innovation, community partnerships and best practices in caring for adults and children with serious illnesses. We are more than just a career choice - it’s a culture where you can make a difference!
The Social Worker provides assessment of the needs of patients and families. The position also provides the patients and families with emotional and resources support. The Social Worker provides counseling regarding the dying process.
- Master’s or doctoral degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW); Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) preferred
- Minimum of 1-year clinical experience, preferably in an acute care or hospice setting
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and maintain a calming, professional presence in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to maintain organizational confidentiality, which includes but is not limited to information about patients/families, volunteers, employees, donors and Agency processes
- Flexibility to embrace change and effectively shift priorities
- Knowledge of federal and state healthcare regulations, preferred
To apply for this position, read about our comprehensive benefits and learn about what it’s like to work at JourneyCare. Our team members make a difference!