Our Client is a clinician owned and operated medical staffing company founded in 2011, contracting with Commercial and Federal medical agencies, facilities and schools. We believe in a collaborative effort with all patient care. Our medical teams always consist of support from team leaders and an efficient way to communicate and collaborate with everyone. Join today to help service our Military and their families across the nation.
Our Client is looking for a Licensed Clinical Social Worker to provide services at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio!
- Degree: Master's degree in Social Work (MSW).
- Education: Graduate from a School of Social Work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Experience: Must have minimum of one year experience as a licensed clinical social worker; one year experience in the last three years in the evaluation and treatment of patients who have pain, psychological factors affecting their physical condition, or difficulty coping with medical problems; at least 12 months of direct hands-on experience in the last 24 months with computer operations, basic word processing, data entry, and use of an automated medical record system.
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Social Worker in any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico or US Virgin Islands.
- U.S. Citizenship: shall be U.S. citizens.
- Coordinate appropriate referrals to community and other Government agencies for services.
- Independently assess the psychosocial functioning and needs of patients and their family members and formulate and implement a treatment plan, identifying the patient’s problems, strengths, weaknesses, coping skills and assistance needed, in collaboration with the patient, family and interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Independently conduct psychosocial assessments and provide psychosocial treatment to a wide variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, ethnic, educational and other diverse backgrounds.
- Use medical and mental health diagnoses, disabilities and treatment procedures. This includes acute, chronic and traumatic illnesses/injuries, common medications and their effects/side effects, and medical terminology.
- Implement treatment modalities in working with individuals, families and groups who are experiencing a variety of psychiatric, medical and social problems to achieve treatment goals.
- Independently provide counseling and/or psychotherapy services to individuals, groups, couples, and families. Must practice within the bounds of the license or certification.
- Provide consultation services to other staff about the psychosocial needs of patients and the impact of psychosocial problems on health care and compliance with treatment.
- Participate in professional peer review case conferences, research studies, or other organizations required at the MTF.
- Required to function in a patient-centered medical home location as an equivalent provider as an internal behavioral health consultant.
- Provides brief cognitive/behavioral interventions in primary care under the Air Force Consultation model. Services will mimic the pace of primary care.
- May provides classes in format appropriate for primary care.
- Works independently in the absence of direct oversight and adheres to the AF values.
- Effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing and resolving professional issues.
- Must be skillful and tactful in communicating with people who may be physically and or mentally ill, uncooperative, fearful, emotionally distraught, and occasionally dangerous.
- Successfully consults with PCMs on-demand about general issues and specific patients.
- Ensures PCMs receive same-day verbal and or written feedback on patients referred.
- Delivers brief presentations/trainings to primary care team members regarding behavioral health issues.
- Participates in team efforts to develop, implement, evaluate, and revise clinical pathway programs needed in the clinic.
- Duties may include direct supervision of mental health providers who are in training and/or are not fully licensed in order gain IBHC proficiency.
- In addition, 10 training may involve faculty, staff, and residents from other disciplines.
- Training duties may include participating in activities associated with the Wright Patterson Social Work Residency Program including, but not limited to didactics, faculty meetings, journal club, case conference etc.
- Consults with medical personnel, legal authorities, and military commanders as required.
NOTE: Supervision means clinically-related supervision only and does not include inherently governmental supervisory duties, including, but not limited to, personnel and employment related activities, i.e., timecards or leave approval.
Licensed Clinical Social worker will work in accordance to standard MTF operating hours (07:30-16:30)