Massage Envy Closter/Waldwick Massage Esthetician Job Description
Are you concerned about having a therapeutic space to practice esthetics with precautions in place to promote the safety of you and your clients?
Massage Envy franchisees have never been more committed to safety. Outside experts–leaders in their field–were engaged to review the Massage Envy brand standards targeted at sanitation and infection prevention and control with the safety and comfort of members, guests, and employees in mind. If you’re struggling to find a way to feel safe or comfortable practicing your craft on your own, join our team where you’ll have access to all the disinfecting cleaners and equipment you need to get back to doing what you love.
Massage Envy is more than the leader in accessible massage—we're also America's leading skin care service provider. As an esthetician at Massage Envy Waldwick, you'll join a team that's passionate about helping people feel their best through total body care. And you have an important role to play in that mission as you:
- Combine your expertise and artistry along with our protocols and modalities to design customized facial treatments that meet the individual needs of clients. We offer Jan Marini and Obagi customized facials; as well as PCA Chemical Peels and our Exclusive Microderm Infusion treatment. Our newest offering is our Acne Facial Series partnering with ProActiv.
- Become a trusted adviser to members and guests to help them pursue their total body care goals.
- Deliver an amazing, safe, and therapeutic experience with every service.
Here's what's in it for you:
As an Esthetician at our Waldwickfranchised location, you're part of a team that's passionate about helping people feel their best through total body care. We provide professional-grade skin and body care products, marketing, and clientele so you can focus on delivering as many skin care treatments as you want. And our membership model means you'll get to see the long-term impact your services make for members.
And the perks don't stop there. We support and inspire you to be your best inside and outside the treatment room with:
Benefits that help you take care of you:
- Medical benefits available at reduced rates, plus employer contribution
- Matching 401K
- Paid Sick Time, and Paid Personal Time Off
- Travel/Mileage Allowance
- Free or reduced-cost employee massages, facials and retail product
- Professional, upscale, flexible work environment
- A commitment to safety and providing a therapeutic, healing environment for you and Massage Envy members and guests
A healthy compensation plan that rewards your hard work with:
- Hourly rate plus bonuses, retail sales commissions, spiffs and gratuities! Our busiest service providers took home more than $60,000 last year. Minimum base hourly service rate of $20 per service hour with adjustment for experience/education.
- Compensation to service providers for sit time.
WHAT WE'LL ACCOMPLISH TOGETHER
As a team, we're committed to offering excellent professional services that help clients do more of the things they love. Your role and the work you do every day is at the very heart of our mission. This includes:
- Performing quality, skincare services that meets clients' needswithin scope of practice and licensing guidelines as applicable in our state.
- Customizing skincare serviceswithin Massage Envy's policies, protocols, and approved modalities to craft truly personalized sessions.
- Safeguarding the client experience, maintaining client confidentiality and upholding our commitment to safety.
- Embracing the Massage Envy core valuesof optimism, gratitude, excellence, consistency and empathy.
- Protecting our workplace cultureby recognizing and supporting team goals and building positive relationships with team members.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
We only succeed together, so we're looking for people with the passion and experience to be amazing. Those who thrive in this role are:
- Well-skilled professionals who have a minimum of 500 hours of skin care education and required classroom work under their belts. You'll also need to meet the esthetics licensing requirements in our state and be able to pass a background and reference check with flying colors.
- Thirsty for knowledge, seeking ongoing training to build on their skin care mastery
- Clear communicators who can effectively identify each client's needs, set clear expectations, and guide clients through the treatment to achieve the goals of each service.
- Total body care champions who can recommend follow-up visits and additional services and products as needed to help clients pursue their wellness goals.
- Great teammates who show up on time ready to jump in wherever needed to get the job done.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
We Believe Our Differences Make Us Better. We're excited to hear from everyone with the skills, experience, and passion to do a great job regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you're ready to bring your skincare skills to a place where you can focus on doing what you love, we can't wait to meet you.
*Massage Envy Franchising, LLC (“MEF”) is a national franchisor of independently owned and operated franchised locations. Each individual franchised location, not MEF or any of its affiliates, is the sole employer for all positions posted by a franchised location, and each individual franchised location is not acting as an agent for MEF or any of its affiliates. Hiring criteria, benefits and compensation are set by each individually owned and operated franchised location and may vary from location to location.