As the leading integrated energy services company, Shawcor is responsible for protecting the integrity of operational assets around the world.
Our continued success in our current markets and the unrelenting pursuit of our "growth vision" is possible by our valuable employees who embodies intellect, dedication and the highest form of professionalism.
At Shawcor, we continually seek individuals who share our values which includes; integrity, execution, and technology coupled with accountability, respect and always doing the right thing.
Our foundation is integrity, which is not only how we operate-it is the cornerstone of every product we engineer and project we undertake. It is the assurance we provide to each of our customers.
At Shawcor, we have created a true team environment where all employees are encouraged and empowered to contribute to the overall success of the company. A true team environment that fosters an environment of safety, leadership, the opportunity for growth, and a bright future!
We are interested in YOU!
- Adhere to all safety programs and policies.
- Assist in maintaining documentation for existing and new equipment, control and building power system installations.
- Work independently in troubleshooting and repair problems with Programmable Logic Controllers and related components when required.
- Be able to obtain back-up PLC programs from a server to reload and reboot PLC programs to restore faulted equipment.
- Assist with system startups and operational checkouts on systems including configuration, wiring, calibration, grounding and power testing.
- Diagnoses cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of equipment or systems repairs or replaces defective components.
- Experienced in the use of electrical diagnostic equipment such as multimeters, amp clamps and meggers to test electrical circuits and components to locate shorts, faulty connections, defective parts and replaces or repairs to suite.
- Interface with equipment operators and maintenance staff to ascertain problems with equipment.
- Must read and interpret electrical and electronic drawings, schematics, blueprints, engineering drawings and sketches to determine problem and make appropriate repairs.
- Examine and test components and support systems to ensure that they are in compliance with all standards and regulations.
- Must be competent to make electrical/mechanical diagnostic evaluation and prescribe corrective action.
- Uses computerized equipment and software to perform testing functions and produce graphs for records and tracking.
- Utilize technical materials such as equipment manuals, MSDS, safety materials, system drawings, Process and instrument Diagrams (P&ID’s), schematics and blueprints to troubleshoot and maintain systems.
- High school diploma required; associates degree or equivalent preferred. Candidate must possess a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in PLC programming; equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Background in Programmable Logic controllers, computer systems and electronics. Experience in electrical and mechanical service and maintenance.
- Must be licensed.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations.
- PLC certificate and license preferred.