Wayfinder Family Services (Wayfinder), formally known as Junior Blind, is currently seeking an experienced Mental Health Clinician who will provide direct clinical, therapeutic services to our Transitional Shelter Care (TSC) children ages (2) days – 17 years with a focus on 0-5 years of age who have been removed from their homes due to abuse, neglect or abandonment and need immediate placement.
This is an exempt position that reports directly to the Director of Transitional Shelter Care.
The Mental Health Clinician will be responsible in providing onsite mental health and case management services to assigned Transitional Shelter residents and their families and to provide clinical direction to the TSC treatment team. Additionally, the Mental Health Clinician will:
- Oversee and participate in condensed time sensitive intake process with DCFS placement worker, on-site DCFS staff, family members, and TSC treatment team.
- Obtain and complete necessary clinical and case record documents within assigned time frames including needs and service and transition plan.
- Assess psychotherapeutic and case management needs of children and families and develop needs and service plan.
- Provide intensive clinical case management, crisis intervention, therapy, to assigned children and families. Work with various modalities including brief solution focused individual group and family therapy.
- Develop agreed upon discharge plan and assess continuing needs in collaboration with the parent(s), placement agency, and treatment team.
- Ensure culturally sensitive and relevant treatment plans.
- Provide consultation to program staff as part of a team to ensure daily program implementation and child safety are maintained.
- Develop and monitor working treatment goals and objectives with measurable outcomes.
- Participate in treatment reviews, and other case conferences, as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Master’s degree in Social Work or relevant field from an accredited college or university.
- Registered BBS as an Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) required
- Minimum 2 years’ mental health experience providing direct clinical services to children with severe emotional/learning problems and their families in a residential setting, preferably Emergency Shelter.
- Working knowledge of Title 22.
- Ability to work collaboratively with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Willingness and ability to make frequent field visits, attend meetings, conferences and other job related events away from headquarters. If driving a personal vehicle, must be insurable by our agency’s automobile insurance carrier.
Wayfinder offers a competitive salary based on the candidate’s experience. The employee benefits plan is generous, including Health, Dental and Vision plans, Life Insurance plans, Long-Term Disability and Long-Term Care, Flexible Spending benefits options, Qualified Transportation accounts, generous Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays, and a 401(k) retirement plan with a four percent employer match after qualification.
Wayfinder Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment background and drug screenings.
"Together, we'll reach new heights."
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years