The Robert Young Center (RYC) has an exciting opportunity for a PRN (as needed) Licensed Mental Health Professional with our Mental Health Outpatient Team. At RYC, we are proud to be one of the most experienced mental health care providers, with a long tradition of caring for our community. While being a leader in compassionate care is important, we believe it's equally important to be a leader in the behavioral health industry. No health care system is complete without a behavioral health division. The recent advances in behavioral health have given way to richer, deeper, treatment programs that put the patient at the center of each care plan. Since our founding, the Robert Young Center has championed mental health care advocacy, offering services under UnityPoint Health - Trinity.
As a Licensed Mental Health Professional you will play an integral role in client centered care by providing mental health assessment, intervention, and consultation to individuals and/or groups identified as having psychiatric disorders; planning treatment modalities, and coordinating treatment plans. We are looking for team members who are passionate about their careers and want to make a difference in the lives of others.
FTE: PRN, As Needed
Case Rate: $45/hr
Shift: Flexible Hours
Tag: Counseling, Counselor, Mental Health, Behavioral Health, Social Work
Demonstrated competence in recognizing and responding to patients physical, mental, emotional and developmental needs should be evaluated in relation to the patient populations served as appropriate for each responsibility. Provides assessment and treatment to prevent suicides.
- Performs diagnostic assessments, collecting diagnostic information, determining immediate treatment plans for patients. Requests medical consultation, where indicated, in a diligent and timely manner.
- Provides direct, intensive psychiatric therapy to individuals, families and/or groups identified as having psychiatric disorders.
- Treats crisis situations and emergencies as needed by department.
- Maintains records according RYC and accreditation standards MRO, JCAHO, Medicaid, Commercial Insurance's).
- Acts as a liaison and resource between the community and patient needs; coordinates treatment goals with community agencies, primary care physicians, court system, managed care entities. Develops RYC treatment plan and monitor, its completion and revision.
- May Provide supervision to RYC clinicians that provide assessment and treatment.
- May supervise social work students assigned to department. Participates in in-service and competency training of students or staff. May provides clinical supervision to Junior RYC Clinicians.
- Prepares special reports as needed on activities, and work group activities.
- Meets clinical productivity standards.
- Meets Valuguard Benchmark.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: Must have MSW, MA, MS from an accredited School program . Must have at least two years of supervised clinical experience and be licensed independently as an LCSW/LISW, LCPC/LMHC, or LMFT. Specialized training as appropriate to patient population (e.g. geriatric specialist, sexual abuse victims or perpetrators, marriage and family).
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS: Must have interpersonal skills necessary to deal with a wide variety of clients and professionals needs knowledge of community social service resources. A high level ofanalytical skill is required. Work requires the use of some hospital equipment, such as dictaphone, etc. Must be able to speak and write clearly.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS: Must have current LCSW/LISW, LCPC/LMHC, LMFT from the State of Illinois or Iowa. State license should be applicable to the state that employee works in or is assigned to. Must have a valid driver’s license.