The Robert Young Center is proud to be one of the most experienced mental health care providers, with a long tradition of caring for our community. While being a leader in compassionate care is important, we believe it's equally important to be a leader in the behavioral health industry. We are a family of people who are pleased to make the Quad Cities region our home. Our teams enjoy high employee satisfaction scores and careers offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Professional development is important to us, so we offer opportunities to our people so they may learn and grow in their professions. As a team member, you'll get the chance to change lives on a daily basis in order to deliver the Best Outcome Every Patient, Every Time- regardless of your position.
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Robert Young Center for Community Mental Health Outpatient Services you will provide mental health assessment, intervention, and consultation to individuals and/or groups identified as having psychiatric disorders; plans treatment modalities, coordinates treatment plans and follows. May provide on call and crisis evaluation as case episodes as needed.
· Performs diagnostic assessments, collecting diagnostic information, determining immediate treatment plans for patients. Requests medical consultation, where indicated, in a diligent and timely manner.
· Provides direct, intensive psychiatric therapy to individuals, families and/or groups identified as having psychiatric disorders.
· Treats crisis situations and emergencies as needed by department.
· Maintains records according RYC and accreditation standards MRO, Joint Commission, Medicaid, and Commercial Insurances.
· Acts as a liaison and resource between the community and patient needs; coordinates treatment goals with community agencies, primary care physicians, court system, and managed-care entities. Develops RYC treatment plan and monitor, its completion and revision,
· May provide supervision to RYC clinicians that provide assessment and treatment. May supervise social work students assigned to department. Participates in in-service and competency training of students or staff. May provides clinical supervision to RYC Clinicians.
· Prepares special reports as needed on activities, and work group activities.
· Meets clinical productivity standards
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Preferred or Specialized
Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy or a related field.
Two years experience in a community mental health setting.
Holds a current license from the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation in one of the following Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.
Holds a current license from the Iowa Department of Public Health, Board of Social Work or Behavioral Sciences Board in one of the following – Licensed Independent Social Worker, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family
Demonstrates an ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving abilities to a range of client situations; has the ability to accurately assess and diagnose; can develop treatment plans and interventions with clients; proficiency in providing clinical supervision; possesses interpersonal skills, professional attitude and understands the ethical standards of behavioral healthcare. Able to interpret rules and regulations. Possesses good written and oral communication skills. Has the ability to plan and organize their work. Is able to recognize signs of suicidal behavior and assess for lethality
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.