This professional clinical position is responsible for conducting skills and psycho education based groups throughout the Inpatient Behavioral Health Center. The BHC consists of 5 inpatient psychiatric units, which vary in age group and diagnoses. There will be opportunity for individual treatment as well as evaluation and assessment.
It is preferred that the individual who applies has strong group experience, and experience with DBT/CBT as well as Substance Use Treatment.
The basic work schedule is 10AM–6:30PM, Monday through Friday. Days and hours may change on an interim basis for clinical/programmatic needs.
- Licensed in New York as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC).
- 2+ years of Behavioral Health Inpatient experience preferred.
- Knowledge of
- crisis intervention principles and practices
- case management practices
- group experience
- DNV and OMH standards
- Strong patient assessment skills and therapy skills (individual, group, family).
- Bi-Lingual Spanish speaking a plus.
- Additional certifications (i.e. CASAC) beneficial.
Westchester Medical Center (WMC) is part of a 895-bed regional medical system serving New York’s Hudson Valley region. The system encompasses every adult and pediatric medical specialty and includes an academic medical center, children’s hospital, community hospital, two inpatient behavioral health centers, homecare and numerous outpatient health programs. With a total workforce of 7,000 healthcare professionals including 1200 physicians, Westchester Medical Center is the region’s most advanced and innovative health care delivery system and one the largest employers.
The Behavioral Health Center has been a leading provider of psychiatric services since 1929, offering a full spectrum of inpatient, outpatient, community and emergency care for adults, children, and adolescents.