SightRite is looking to hire technicians to work with our Optometrists 1-3 days per week (Monday-Friday no weekends required) approximately from 8-4 or 9-5. You may travel anywhere from 15 min to an hour+ to our various work sites but some drive time is paid as work time. Earn an additional $25 bonus per day when you qualify! You must have an Optician license, and have experience dilating patients.
The work is located in various nursing homes in the Boynton Beach area so the candidate must be willing to work at the different sites and have a way to get there. We compensate for gas/mileage and any tolls.
Must be willing to travel between Miami, FL and Jupiter, FL for work.
We’re looking for proactive, well-rounded, responsible Optometric Technicians to join our growing team. If you’re the right one for us, you love working in a medical environment, you are interested in eye care, you pride in providing excellent service, you have a soft spot for the elderly, think of every small detail as important, and love to meet new people and be in different places every day.
Reports directly to the Optometrist and responsible for conducting pre-testing such as visual acuity, color vision, depth perception, pupil reflexes, visual field testing, pressure inside the eye and blood pressure; frame and lens selection, eyeglass adjustment. Also responsible for preparing the residents to be seen by the doctor. Helps prepare and maintain patient records and examination room area. Handles some technical duties involving equipment and eyeglass preparation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare the examination area a half hour before the doctor’s arrival.
- Find out the reason for the patient’s consultation.
- Assist residents and prepare them to be seen by the doctor.
- Fill out Daily Tracker Sheet with patient name, date of birth, date seen, follow up date, medication list and diagnosis etc.
- Collect medication lists and face sheets from the facilities system for all patients seen by the doctor.
- Coordinate with the Nurse Supervisor if a resident with a scheduled consultation was not seen for any reason.
- Respond to office questions.
- Adhere to the Nursing Homes’ policies and procedures in filling up exam forms etc.
- Assist patients in fitting eyeglasses
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- At least High School Graduate
- Must have Optician License
- Must have experience dilating patients
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar field an advantage but not required
- Effective team player, with very good interpersonal relationship skills and can work and relate well with co-employees, patients and customers.
- Must have the behavioral sensitivity, maturity, diplomacy and tact in addressing complex situations and handling irate customers.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity.
- Computer literate and very highly proficient in using MS office programs.
- Loves to interact with elderly patients.
Pay rate: $19-$23/hour