At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
As part of the National Vision family of optical retailers, Eyeglass World keeps customers happy with an impressively wide range of services and products. Recently named to the top 3 of Newsweek America's Best Customer Service 2019 , Eyeglass World has over 100 locations across the United States.
We are looking for a Licensed Optician to join our growing team. The Licensed Optician is responsible for selling, fitting and dispensing eyewear to customers.
What would you do? - The Specifics
- Meet NVI's sales and company objectives including average sale and feature percentages.
- Follow the Eyeglass World "Code of Excellence" to ensure customer satisfaction by creating a warm and welcoming environment for customers.
- Assist with dispensing eyeglasses and contact lenses to customers.
- Perform insertion and removal training of contact lenses to customers as permitted/required by state law.
- Educate clients on proper eyeglass and contact lens care.
- Maintain accurate and organized patient records.
- Maintain awareness of same day service using "Ready When Promised" production board.
- Complete inventory count and replenish stock as necessary.
- Mentor potential Apprentice Opticians as permitted by law.
Position Requirements :
Are you the right fit? - The Suitable Talent
- Previous retail experience preferred, but not required.
- Maintain license as required by state.
- Strong selling skills, aimed at meeting both the store's and self-sales targets, by following company policies.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Able to give instruction in a clear and concise manner to customers.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- In some locations, bilingual abilities desired.
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.
No Phone Calls please.
NVI is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Vacation/paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Long Term Disability
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Merchandise Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement