Make more than a living. Make a difference.
APPLY NOW to be eligible for $1,000 Signing Bonus!
Must be willing and able to work with Covid-19 positive residents.
Members of the Massachusetts Senior Care Association are looking for motivated and compassionate individuals to help our long term care facilities maintain the quality of care and dignity our elderly patients deserve. If you are a Licensed Practical Nurse, are currently on furlough or retired, please join us in serving our most vulnerable population today. You are crucial to the front line effort to maintain care and save lives during the pandemic.
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) provide residents with routine daily medications and necessary medical treatments. They also provide bedside care and help evaluate patient needs, develop care plans and oversee the care provided by CNAs. LPNs often serve as charge nurses or unit managers within the facility.
- Follows proper universal precautions and infection control procedures 100% of the time, including:
- Proper putting on and taking off Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Provides compassionate patient care in a respectful environment
- Maintains patient dignity and right and demonstrates sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Ensures safe environment and safe patient experience
- Effectively communicates with patients
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Utilizes appropriate patient identification methods when providing direct care
- Follows mandated abuse reporting requirements
- Identifies at-risk patients and implements appropriate safety protocol
- Demonstrates safe patient handling and transfers using gait belt, mechanical lift as needed
- Ability to follow direction, work independently as well as with a team
- Completes designated care tasks timely
- Provides physical and medical care as assigned by Nursing Supervisor and as directed by Physician orders
- Administers medications safely in accordance with professional standards of practice and nursing policies and procedures
- Obtains, follows and appropriately transcribes Physician's orders according to institution policy and professional standards of practice
- Participates in admission process and discharge planning
- Assists in development of appropriate patient care plan
- Documents patient care using established medical-record system
- Participates in patient healthcare education
- Monitors patient health outcomes and communicates identified changes in condition
- Communicates with and encourages collaboration among interdisciplinary team to ensure continuity of care with an emphasis on reporting changes of condition to physician/practitioner
- Teaches/supervises delegated nursing activities to unlicensed personnel
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of a nationally accredited LPN program
- Current LPN licensure
- Current BLS certification, or capacity to achieve upon hire
- Additional training related to specific patient population needs to be provided upon-hire, based on institution policy
Conditions of Employment:
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Acceptable CORI, SORI is required
- Drug testing may be required
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete a full orientation to the LPN role and responsibilities, including evaluation of the applicant's demonstrated effective use of PPE
- Excellent communication skills
- Bi- or multilingual a plus
- Attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative, respond to challenges, and adapt to changes in work environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Basic computer skills
- Familiarity with EMR (electronic medical records) systems a plus
- Negative TB Test or Screening
- Bending, squatting, kneeling
- Lifting and/or carrying 50 lbs.
- Standing for long periods of time
- Prolonged wearing of PPE, including gloves, masks and face shields
- Competitive Salary
- $1,000 Signing Bonus
- APPLY NOW to get more details
Please Press the APPLY button at the top of the job listing to begin an exciting career in the growing field of long term care and be eligible for $1,000 signing bonus!
Licensed Practical / Vocational Nurse