Licensed Practical Nurse (Direct Care)
Job ID: 2021-5077
# of Openings: 1
Category: Direct Care
We want you to join our growing team of compassionate and reliable Direct Care Providers to support the wonderful individuals we serve!
Community Resources for Justice (CRJ) is a unique, 140 year old nonprofit organization. Community Strategies of Massachusetts (CSMA), a division of CRJ, supports adults with developmental or intellectual disabilities through specialized services from Day Programs, Shared Living arrangements with providers as well as over 40 community-based group homes.
This is a great opportunity to receive valuable training to not only start your Human Service career but also to advance it. CRJ offers opportunities of tremendous career advancement and professional development.
We are currently seeking a compassionate and reliable Licensed Practical Nurse to oversee care for a single (male) client with DDS services that resides in a group home in Middleboro, MA.
In this crucial role you will:
- Have the ability to be flexible, and can think “outside the box” while caring for a medically compromised but high functioning individual.
- Train and guide direct care staff on medical interventions in the group home including; monitoring vital signs, medication management, skin assessments, diabetes management, following doctor’s orders, and more.
- Communicate with health care providers, complete required paperwork, write care plans, and attend priority medical appointments.
- Nurses may be able to independently schedule their own hours.
- 1 year of Psychiatric and or DDS experience strongly preferred
- Must have a current MA nursing license
- Must have a Valid MA driver’s license and reliable, personal transportation
- Must undergo a background check in accordance with local laws and regulations
- COVID guidelines – PPE, etc.
- Friendly, outgoing, reliable, dependable, flexible
CRJ provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.